After yesterday’s update activated the Erollisi Day event, some players were reporting crashing issues in Halas. Others reported issues in Antonica as players were able to spawn unlimited gazebos. An interim fix for the Halas issue was implemented, with today’s update providing a more permanent solution. Also, last year’s quests are now repeatable. All of the issues with Erollisi Day were spelled out in this thread.
Posts Tagged ‘hotfix’
Here are your blink-and-you-missed-it Update Notes for today, January 4th, 2011:
- Escrow deposit log entries will now be combined properly when a player makes a deposit if the player’s name or ID changed due to a server transfer or server merge.
- Freebloods can now complete the Heritage quest “The Journey is Half the Fun“.
Here are your hotfix notes for December 22, 2010:
Fixed some issues which could cause raid zones to crash.
Here are your hotfix notes for December 15 2010:
- Tuwasp bixies in Greater Faydark are now the target for the level 5, Kelethin version of Gh’lad Tydingz’s quest, “A Gigglegibber’s work is never done.”
- Grikbar scamps in Steamfont Mountains should once again advance the level 35, Kelethin version of Gh’lad Tydingz’s quest, “A Gigglegibber’s work is never done.”
Rothgar has given us the all clear on those AA Reset issues:
It looks like we’ve found the issue related to the AA reset and coming up with a plan to fix it as soon as possible. Even though we’ve seen a few posts of people mentioning this happening prior to the merge and on other servers, we are currently only aware of a merge-related issue. There may be something more obscure happening to cause this problem elsewhere, and if it comes up we will look into it as well.
Originally announced as a 2 hour update, then revised to an 8 hour update, Splitpaw and Runnyeye are finally coming up after 11 hours, 30 minutes of downtime. Apparently the TSA wanted to pat down McScroogle himself before allowing this export of Frostfell goodness to Europe.
Rothgar‘s comments when queried about the long update:
I’m not sure why the downtime estimate was 8h. It should be publishing the hotfix which shouldn’t take nearly that long.
I just checked with our operations department and apparently there were some networking issues that caused the file transfers to take much longer than normal. They report that the servers are being smoke-tested right now and should hopefully be up soon.
Today’s hotfix adds house items (furniture) to a merchant in Hua Mein, moves Research Assistants into the UI, fixes an exploit in StationCash Item Gifting, and offers additional tweaks to PvP and PvP Warfields. After the jump, your Hotfix Notes for December 7, 2010.
Here are your hotfix notes for November 23, 2010:
You can now use the Marketplace at Login / Character Create to purchase account related items such as character slots!
You can now send gifts to your friends from the Marketplace!
If the caster cancels a maintained spell that he cast, it will cancel the spell for everyone in the group.
Fixed a crash bug from Battlegrounds and PvP combat.
Sinking Sands: The Beetle Herding quest line should be working correctly now.
Some maintenance notes from the EQ2 Forums and SOE Operations Team…
The US servers will come down on November 16, 2010, at 6:30 am PDT (3:30pm GMT) for a hotfix. The expected downtime is 1 1/2 hours.
There are no update notes for this hotfix.
This is a notification that UK worlds will be updated at 5:00 AM London Time on 11/17/2010. The estimated downtime will be 2 hours.
On Tuesday, November 16, 2010, the following servers will be coming down at 5:00 AM PST for network maintenance: Befallen, Permafrost, Crushbone.
The servers are expected to be down for about 3 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience and will have the servers back online as quickly as possible.
and we’re keeping our eyes peeled for news of Server Mergers.
From the EQ2 Forums:
The US servers will come down on November 9, 2010, at 5am PDT for a hotfix. The expected downtime for most servers is 1 hour, with the exception of Befallen, Permafrost, and Crushbone. These three servers will have a 2 hour downtime for maintenance.
This is a notification that UK worlds (Runnyeye & Splitpaw) will be updated at 5:00 AM London Time on 11/10/2010. The estimated downtime will be 2 hours.
and here are the Update Notes:
- Fixed a client crash condition.
- Most single target effects that proc off of beneficial spells should no longer clutter up the maintained spells window.
- All of the guards at the Academy of Arcane Science in North Freeport are now level 45.
- Cleansing This Temple Needs…: The void-stalker should now be able to attack the necessary targets to update the quest.
- Certain tarantulas in the Sinking Sands will once again attack certain skittish scarabs. This fixes the Beetle Herding quest line.
Remember that patch that went in yesterday? The one that caused raid zones to crash over and over again? Today we get the patch for the patch. “Fixed a crash issue related to pet immunity” apparently means, “we fixed the raid zone crashing bug that we introduced yesterday“. This bug was apparently reported on the website late last week but the info didn’t make it to the developers. Remember, always /bug when you find a bug. That doesn’t mean they will always see it, but at least that gets it into their system. Notes after the break…
Today’s hotfix notes include the ability to relocate your City Bind Point to any city you are aligned with, more crafted Marks of Manaar equipment, and other changes to live events and raids.
Here are your update notes for Thursday, 21 October 2010 after the break:
Here are your update notes for Tuesday, 19 October 2010 after the break:
Here are your update notes for 5 October 2010:
EVERQUEST 2 EXTENDED
- Bronze members will now be able to view chat channels (Silver or higher is still required to participate in chat).
- You can now purchase Gold memberships directly in game.
- You can now buy extra character slots in the marketplace!
- You can now redeem station cash cards directly in game by going to: Marketplace – Add Funds – Station Cash Card.
- You can now add a credit card to your file directly in game by going to: Marketplace – Add Funds – Credit Card – Add New Card.
- Check the marketplace for “New” and “Hot” items!
- Marketplace items that are discounted from normal price will now show “SALE” on the icon in both the welcome window and the marketplace window.
PERAH’CELSIS’ ABOMINABLE LABORATORY
Homicidal Madness (the charm spell) no longer affects fighters.
Here are your update notes for 28 September 2010 (since we cover EQII Live and EQ2X, the link is to the EQ2X forums where the full update notes are posted):
EVERQUEST 2 EXTENDED
- Going to Battlegrounds on EQ2 Extended should no longer cause your items to set to 1c sell value.
- There is now a new respawn location right by the entrance to the Underfoot Seal chamber where Master Yael spawns. In order to activate this new respawn location, players will need to defeat fire elemental encounter “Saalax” before it can be accessed.
Here are your update notes for 15 September 2010:
- Fixed a bug causing some zones to not be available for zoning.
- Fixed a bug were Experts and Masters of the previous tier could be automatically overwritten in your hotbar by an Apprentice spell.
- The Stonebrunt temporal pathfinder will now properly zone you into Sundered Frontier instead of leaving you high and dry in the middle of the sky.
Ykeshan Spellbears and Warbears can be used below level 80 and no longer can be combined below level 80.
Here are your update notes for 14 September 2010 after the break:
Here are your update notes for Wednesday, 8 September 2010:
EVERQUEST II EXTENDED
- Fixed a bug causing Platinum subscribers to not be able to use the shared bank.
- Fixed a bug that would cause your AA slider to reset to 50% upon zoning.
- Sort by current zone for the quest journal now properly puts the current zone quests at the top of the list.
- We have disabled the spells from replacing old ones in the hotbar until we can track down a bug regarding it.
- Fixed an issue causing parts of some structures in Halas to show as wireframe.
- Torque of the War Blade and Ring of the Vice Vigoth now have resists added to their stats.
- Runic Deflection on Band of Mreeptahp’s Fury now correctly wards your target.
- The King Speleothem multi-stage event in Stonebrunt Highlands should now be fixed. Player should now be able to progress through the stages and fight the end boss.
- Zaalax, Xaalax, Saalax and Yaalax : Seismic shock should strike the correct targets named by Zaalax.
Here are your hotfix notes for September 1, 2010 after the break:
Although there are no update notes or official announcement just yet, numerous forum posts from EQ2 devs have indicated that a Hotfix is expected on Tuesday to correct some issues caused by Game Update 57.
We’ll keep you posted as these notes become available.
Here are your hotfix notes for August 19, 2010:
Changes to Zaalax, Xaalax, Saalax and Yaalax:
They no longer mitigate significant amounts of elemental damage.
The strength of the knockback on Zaalax’s Crushalanche spell has been reduced.
Call of the Underfoot curse now lasts longer before going off, players now have more time to move away from Zaalax’s fissures before being hit by a seismic shock, Zaalax splits now have lower maximum health.
SPELL FX REVAMP
Fixed an issue where some casting circles were not displaying correctly.
Players who do not meet the necessary requisites to become an Inquisitor will no longer be offered the option to change their profession by speaking with Seru Girondeaud.
Vitality now provides a 200% XP bonus when active.
From the EQ2 Forums:
The US servers will come down on August 19, 2010, at 7am PDT for a hotfix. The expected downtime is 2 hours.
Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes forum when available.
The exact details of this update are not known, but may include a fix for the XP issues discussed previously.
Here are your hotfix notes for July 22, 2010:
- Legends of Norrath mounts have all been upgraded to a standard 65% run speed.
PERAH’CELSIS’ ABOMINABLE LABORATORY
- Arkatanthis the Destroyer: The Benthic adds that challenge group members will try to challenge players unaffected by benthic freeze wherever possible.
Here are your brief Update Notes for July 20th, 2010:
- The Skinbreach Silk Cord should now have resists.
- Band of the Corrupter should now also proc 75 Agility.
- Icy Keep: Many of Vrewwx’s Drops from the Challenge Mode have been adjusted to be more in line with the Difficulty.
- Vaclaz and Vaclaz Released: Non-Priests are now given precedence when choosing who will receive keen insight in order to disrupt the roekillik energymaster adds. A priest will only be chosen for this task if there are no other raid members available.