Here’s the Twitch Livestream schedule for SOE Live this year. Keep in mind that EQ2Wire will be recording all EQ2 panels, several Player panels, and even a few EQNext panels if Curse doesn’t show. All times are in Pacific Daylight Time, and all broadcasts are on SOE’s Twitch channel.
Thursday, August 14:
7:00 – 9:00 PM: SOE Live Welcome Reception and Keynote featuring President John Smedley
Friday, August 15:9:00 – 10:00 AM: Landmark Keynote10:00 – 11:00 AM: EverQuest Next Keynote12:00 – 1:00 PM: EverQuest II Keynote1:00 – 2:00 PM: EverQuest Keynote2:00 – 3:00 PM: DC Universe Online Keynote3:00 – 4:00 PM: H1Z1 Keynote4:00 – 5:00 PM: PlanetSide 2 Keynote
If you read EQ2Wire, can’t live without EQ2U, depend on Dragon’s Armory, or participate in the EQ2 Raid Council, come hang with us at Planet Dailies on Thursday afternoon at
4:00-pm-5:30pm before the Welcome Reception. Dethdlr, Feldon, Dedith, Kander, and Gninja will be in attendance.
Time moved to 5:00-6:15pm because I’m a noob!
We’ve updated our SOE Live Schedule App for Android, Windows phone, etc. It’s actually quite tricky to get the app to load its new data, as we designed it to not require an internet connection once it’s loaded. I suggest deleting the SOELive Daily app from your home screen and then visit http://dev.eq2wire.com/m/ on your phone and redo the “Add to Home Screen” step, you should get the new version. The correct version should show version 1.25 with update date of August 12, 2014.
We did not promote this news at the time, but there are a number of cool fixes on the Test server which should hopefully go live after SOE Live. Chief among these are significant optimization of the EQ2 client so players should get smoother framerates. Also, players had assembled a list of quest starters that, through revamps and NPC shuffling were no longer attainable. These plus many more bug fixes and a few nice convenience features are now sitting on Test. It’s almost like one of the big bug stomps we used to see.
Here are just some of the notes from the Test Update Notes posted in late June:
- Made some optimizations to the client to improve performance.
- Changing your settings under the “performance” tab in the options menu to High, Very High or Extreme should have performance improvements on higher end machines and should have improved shadow quality on “Extreme” setting. NOTE: you will have to re-select the option if you had it already selected to see these changes.
- Added the ability to filter stoneskin chat messages to Combat > Stoneskins.
- Macro ‘Use Item’ option now allows you to use food and drink items. The macro will always attempt to use equipped food / drink items first, if you have the same item both equipped and in your inventory.
- Added Show Equipped Only filter to reforge / restore.
- Using an adornment will now display a selection window listing applicable items in your inventory. You may still choose to manually apply the adornment from this window if you wish.
- Earn even more achievements for completing Heritage quests!
- Many quests removed from Vermin’s Snye are once again available.
There are over 100 more items in the complete Test Update Notes post.
From the EQ2 Forums:
The Nexus Core [Challenge Duo]
- Having faced near-destruction at the hands of careless adventurers, The Nexus Core has assembled the ultimate automaton to defend its delicate systems. Great rewards await those strong and cunning enough to defeat him. Certain death awaits all others. Can you outwit the mechanical mind of Mechanoct?
This encounter is balanced for two extremely well-geared players containing at least one tank or one healer.
Age’s End Questline
- Doomscale crystalweavers will no longer spin when attacked while healing their designated crystal.
- The crystals will no longer reset to full health if no one is attacking them within their rooms.
- Returning to Jorlak after destroying the 3 crystals should properly update the entire raid.
- Corrected another issue that could cause some members to not get updates for the quests at certain stages due to lag.
Ashlanne has posted a list of confirmed Vendors at SOE Live this year which may be of interest to attendees wanting to pick up swag for SOE or other similar genre games:
Here is the list:
- The War of Memory Project
- Shirts on Site
- Silver Sun Systems LLC on behalf of MilitaryGamers.com
- Gwydhar Enterprises
- Sanford Brown College
Larry will be at Gencon this year. Due to Planet Hollywood’s busy schedule and our busy event schedule these 2 events unfortunately fell on the same weekend.
The SOE Store will also be set up with lots of stuff for purchase including items from J!NX.
Also, you may have heard, but this year, the number of options for Friday night has grown from the usual one (a Pool Party) to three:
- SOE Zombie Prom Party – 8:00-11:30pm – The London Club
- Zombies Can’t Swim (Ten Ton Hammer) – 7:00-11:30pm — PH Pleasure Pool
- Game Room — The gaming area located on the Planet Hollywood Mezzanine will remain open until 11pm.
There have been some late additions to the schedule including an EQNext Lore panel. I’m currently in San Diego having way too much fun and will be heading to Vegas on Tuesday. Stay tuned to EQ2Wire!
Amnerys has posted an announcement on the EQ2 forums about exclusive items which SOE Live attendees will receive. It’s being presented in a rather peculiar way as a “$35 Loot Card” but really, it’s just a way of allowing SOE attendees to get the in-game rewards on the account they want, plus we’ll be able to buy these loot cards for friends. For in-game item for EQ2 players is a 66-slot bag with a Tears of Veeshan appearance.
No word on whether we’ll get the EQ and EQ2 expansions for going to Vegas this year. According to the letter sent out to premium SOE Live badge purchasers, the regular edition of the EQ and EQ2 expansions will be granted to our accounts.
The list of in-game items can be viewed here.
The Age’s End x2 raid zone, added this Tuesday, is intended to wrap up the long-running Age’s End storyline which dates back to the very first content in the game. However it seems that Kerafyrm will not go down quite so easily! Several threads have been posted by players reporting issues with continuing the quest from before this morning’s update:
Players have expressed concern that their Worldwide and Server Discoveries of the quest rewards have been impacted by the quest bugging out for them (but not others). So as to organize and consolidate the bug reports and efforts by the EQ2 team to fix this quest, a new thread has been created for this purpose where Gninja has posted some suggestions on how to get the quest back on the right track (or start over):
This Tuesday’s update included a wonderful, if vague, note about how certain adornment dislodgers had been change to PRESERVE rather than destroy the item. There was some question of which of these were changed, so Bunji has clarified:
I checked with the designer, and the change is referring to these crafted items:
[eq2u]Basic Prismatic Adornment Dislodger[/eq2u]
[eq2u]Advanced Prismatic Adornment Dislodger[/eq2u]
Keep in mind that every time you add a Yellow, Blue, Green, Red, Purple, or other gemstone to an item, or if you add a Cyan adornment slot to an item,
the item gets unattuned and then you get all the adornments back. This is one of my favorite unintentional side effects of this expansion’s itemization and I hope it sticks around in the next expansion.
Has it really been another year? Next week, EQ2Wire will be (where else?) in Las Vegas for our seventh SOE Live covering EverQuest II. This looks to be a light year for EQ2, with only 5 events to cover and no Tradeskill, Lore, or Itemization panels this time around.
You can read the official SOE Live 2014 Schedule here, but scroll down to see the list of panels I will be attending, with notations of which panels I will be Liveblogging and Filming. Blogging an accurate transcription of a Q&A panel in realtime is almost impossible, so this year I will be focusing on getting a good 720p HD video recording of as many panels as possible and will then post them in the week after SOE Live. Please note that all times are Pacific Daylight Time.
Dethdlr and I will also be on hand to talk about EQ2Wire and EQ2U on the show floor as well as at our own panel alongside Dedith of Dragon’s Armory. This year, we’ll be talking less about the history of our websites and more about how players can improve their characters using all the tools we provide. We’ll also be going over our new Quest Journal and Checklist features which are currently in public beta.
From EQ2 Buildmaster Bunji on the EQ2 Forums comes our possibly last update until after SOE Live:
Age’s End Questline
- The zone should no longer revert players if anyone lags during an update.
- Hailing Jorlak will no longer revert quest stages unless it is a new zone.
- Firiona Vie should now update the entire raid when giving her staff back.
- Roehn Theer should now update the entire raid when giving his swords back.
- Players hailing any of the quest NPCs should no longer cause the scripts to trigger more than once.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Temple of Veeshan: Dreadscale’s Maw
- Zlandicar will now drop 2 weapon patterns when defeated.
SOE Live Schedule for iPhone/iPad
If you are an iPhone/iPad user and attending SOE Live, then you’ll want to head to the App Store to download Greg “Rothgar” Spence‘s SOE Live Schedule app.
Greg developed this iOS app four years ago and, in his extremely limited spare time has maintained it every year for SOE Live. This year, Josh “Autenil” Kriegshauser chipped in to get it updated. The SOE Live schedule app has a “My Schedule” feature which lets you choose which panels should appear on your schedule, as well as tabs about Dining, News, and Travel.
SOE Live Schedule for Android, Windows Phone, Palm, Symbian, Blackberry by EQ2Wire
Our own Dethdlr, Lead Programmer for EQ2U, saw the need for an Android app and stepped up to develop a web application which works on nearly all smartphones, even in airplane mode! Starting last year, the app also supports a “My Schedule” feature, allowing you to pick your panels and view them in a single page.
The EQ2Wire SOE Live Schedule “web app” is really just a skinned jQuery Mobile website using the same data as the official SOE Live app.
There is no app to “install”. Simply visit the EQ2Wire SOE Live Schedule website on your phone and then open the browser menu and choose Add a Bookmark to your Home Screen. This will add an icon to your phone’s home screen that lets you access the SOE Live schedule immediately.
After the jump, some known bugs/issues…
EQ2 Designer Carlos "Gninja" Mora took to Twitter with a quick update:
Taking a look into the update/lag issues with the Age's End event today. Hope to get a resolution asap! #eq2
— Carlos Mora (@thegninjagnome) August 6, 2014
which he elaborated on here:
The issues are being caused by the zone trying to keep everyone updated together and checking if anyone fell behind or got ahead of the zone. This was us trying to make it more painless to do a quest while raiding but in fact just made it more complicated and more points of failure for lag to affect such things. We will be reviewing it today and get all the kinks worked out and simplifying the entire process. The known issues I have are as follows:
- Multiple players hailing at the same time can create lag spikes where some or all players get reverted a stage.
- When returning to Jorlak after defeating the 3 crystals hailing him can reset the quests. DO NOT hail him when you return to center till we get a fix in for this. Returning to the center should progress your quest without hailing him. The update takes a few seconds because of him activating his script.
- Multiple players trying to pick up the Lifeguide staff at same time can create lag spikes that revert some or all players back a few stages.
- After defeating General Velryyn the quest sometimes only updates the group of the person hailing Firiona Vie. For now have one person in each group coordinate their hails for Firiona Vie and Theer.
We will be addressing all of the above issues asap. If you see anything outside the listed above please let me know here or via PM the more details the better!
For those who are getting stuck, he had this advice which, while isn't perfect, means that the zone can be attempted in another hour if the quest bugs out:
The zone is repeatable every hour and you can get the quests every 18 hours. So you will likely just need to run it again.
We'll be doing a hotfix tomorrow morning to fix a few things with Ages' End event. Sorry to everyone who's been having issues! #eq2
— Holly Longdale (@WindstalkerEQ2) August 6, 2014
Wish there was something new to do in the lower levels rather than needing to race to max level? From EQ2 Lead Designer Kander on the EQ2 Forums, we have a tease of something interesting…
We actually have some content updates coming for players level 20 to 90. Soon. Yup updates. Plural.
Attention players: we will perform maintenance beginning at 4:00 AM PDT* on Tuesday, August 5, 2014. We expect this maintenance to take at least four hours. This will impact the following SOE services:
- Game servers will be down for the following games:
- DC Universe Online
- EverQuest II
- PlanetSide 2
- Commerce functions, including purchases for all games
- Game, web and forum logins for all games
Thank you for your patience as we complete this maintenance.
Time Zone Conversions
- PDT: August 5 @ 4:00am ~ 8:00am
- EDT: August 5 @ 7:00am ~ 11:00am
- BST: August 5 @ 12:00 ~ 16:00
- CET: August 5 @ 13:00 ~ 17:00
- AEST: August 5 @ 9:00pm ~ August 6 @ 1:00am
and Update Notes after the jump…
From the EQ2 Forums:
This new battleground set on Roehn Theer’s platform is a brand new match type, with an age old premise: slaughter your enemies.
Team size: 6v6
Minimum Team: 3
Time Limit: 10 Minutes
Scoring System: There are two ways to gain points, the first being to kill your opponents. The second is to stand on the deadly order tile, which sounds simple. You may find this more difficult than it sounds.
Dying or cowering for an extended period on your protected spawn area will reduce your team’s score.
Dethdlr and I are happy to announce that Quests are now available as an Open Beta on EQ2U! Here’s what we’ve added:
- Quests now appears under the Search menu
- A Quests tab has been added to the EQ2U Quick Search box on the homepage
- View your Active Quest Journal for any of your EQ2 characters
- View a Checklist of all 11,564 quests in EQ2 and see your character’s progress on those quests (Active, Complete, or Never Started)
- Items which offer a quest when examined now show the quest name and link to it
- Items which are required by a quest show the quest name and link to it
How do I access Beta? Do I have to sign up?
All you have to do is load up the EQ2U Dev site. You do not need to sign up or apply for beta as everyone will have access this weekend.
There are over 5,000 “duplicate” quests which have the same names but different details. For now, we are hiding these, but for quest completionists, we provide a button “Show Duplicate Quests”. We will be working to try to pare down some of these dupes.
There is no way for the EQ2 team to provide us data on which quests have been “removed from the game” because of how many different places you can get quests from (an NPC, a spawncamp, an item, just walking into an area, etc.). We will be looking at ways to crowdsource this data from the EQ2 player community.
What happened to Collection (shinies) data?
The EQ2 team is always looking at game performance both at the server and client end. Most of the work on Collections is done, but it’s on hold until later this year. Here’s Endymion‘s comment on the subject:
Collection data will be made available at some point, but the next major census task will be to resolve some inefficiencies in the export process. I can’t give an estimate on when that will be unfortunately, as I have a lot of non-census tasks that require my attention.
Thanks to EQ2 Developer Endymion at SOE for working tirelessly on adding Quest data and making sure it exports all the goodies we asked for. Thanks to Dellmon (Unrest), Jeehi (Everfrost), Faelen (Butcherblock) and Leaha (Permafrost) for their feedback and bug reports!
We're not sure how widespread this is, but it looks like some kind of maintenance is causing login issues as well as accessing the marketplace, /claim, logins, and now the return of the NBE-1013 error.
It looks like things are starting to even out on the login situation. Give it a try. Not all are getting in, but many are.
— David Georgeson (@DaveGeorgeson) August 1, 2014
Original post after the jump...
From the EQ2 Forums:
A large group of you have been sending your status wishes to Tunare, and the EverQuest II Development Team has been working behind the scenes to make it happen.
We’re happy to announce the FIRST ever double status experience weekend, starting Friday, August 1st, 2014 at 12:00 PM PDT and ending Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 at 11:59 PM PDT.
From Holly “Windstalker” Longdale‘s twitter:
Countdown to members-only Double Status weekend starting at noon to Sunday at 11:59pm PDT! #eq2
— Holly Longdale (@WindstalkerEQ2) August 1, 2014
- Since you will be getting twice the normal status, and your guild always gets 10% of your status (11% if you have that LoN item), then by definition, this should be a Double Guild XP weekend.
Confirmation from Caith:
This event doubles the base status earned by defeating encounters, or rewarded from quests. Guild status is rewarded from that base amount, so yes it is in effect doubled.
Time Zone Conversions
- PDT: Aug 1 @ Noon ~ Aug 3 @ 11:59pm
- EDT: Aug 1 @ 3:00pm ~ Aug 4 @ 2:59am
- BST: Aug 1 @ 21:00 ~ Aug 4 @ 7:59
- CET: Aug 1 @ 22:00 ~ Aug 4 @ 8:59
- AEST: Aug 2 @ 5:00am ~ Aug 4 @ 4:59pm
AT&T Service @ SOE Live
Fantastic news for SOE Live attendees who were hoping to blog/text/email/tweet/facebook without having to run out to the hallway every time. This news comes via Brasse:
Cell reception at #SOELive – Planet Hollywood has just upgraded their AT&T service throughout the hotel – LET’S TEST IT OUT!
— Brasse (@Brasse) July 31, 2014
Meanwhile, it looks like JiNX may have had babydolls in mind when they sized their women’s shirts for SOE Live as their women’s 2X this year is dwarfed by this year’s men’s XL:
— Dethdlr (@DethdlrEQ2) August 1, 2014
Brasse is on the case and it looks like they’re going to reprint replacements without the miniscule dimensions:
SOE Live Mobile App
Finally, it looks like Josh “Autenil” Kriegshauser is working on updating Greg “Rothgar” Spence‘s SOE Live Schedule app for iPhone this year:
— Joshua Kriegshauser (@autenil) August 1, 2014
Don’t panic if you have Android, Windows Mobile, iOS, or even Blackberry as EQ2Wire will once again offer our own mobile webapp which works on all of these. We’ll be adding a warning to remind users to choose “Add to Home Screen” as otherwise your schedule will NOT be saved.
From the EQ2 Forums:
Starting Friday, we will be updating our billing processes and the Direct Debit option will be temporarily unavailable. This will affect some players in Germany, Austria, Spain and the Netherlands who have chosen this as their method of billing.
To prevent the loss of All Access Membership status during this time, we will be granting one free week of time to all affected accounts who are signed up for Direct Debit billing for an All Access Membership plan and whose next billing date falls during this period.
During this time, the ability to add funds to your Wallet via Direct Debit will also be unavailable. Players who use Direct Debit to make in-game purchases may want to add Station Cash to your Wallet ahead of time, to prevent delaying purchases. Alternately, the PaySafe and PayPal options will remain available.
We will resume normal service as quickly as possible.
Thought I’d post a preview screenshot of something we’ve been working on for EQ2U for the last little while…
This shows my Active Quest Journal side-by-side with an in-progress quest, which just shows how much of a slacker I am on getting quests done!
Come back later today and I’ll have a screenshot of Quest Search as well as the Quest Checklist which shows EVERY quest in a Category (there are over 200) and then shows the progress of your character on all those quests.
Oh and I’m really dating myself with this but…
From the EQ2 Forums:
All US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on July 30th, 2014 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for an update. The expected downtime is approximately one hour.
EU servers will come down beginning at 9:00 PM PT (6:00 AM CET July 31st, 2014) for the same update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately one hour.
- Fixed an issue related to status gain.