Update Notes: Tuesday June 13, 2017
All Servers: 7-9:00am PDT | 10:00am-Noon EDT | 15-17:00 BST | 16-18:00 CET
From the EQ2 Forums:
- Item rewards from Shade of the First Brood, Battlement Bound, Ill Omen, and Long Live the Emperor are now only acquired by looting a chest that spawns near the public quest.
- You will have 5 minutes to loot your rewards from these chests after the public quest ends.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Vaedenmoor: Realm of Despair [Raid]
- Anaheed the Dreamkeeper will now spawn less Waking Dream adds during the encounter.
- Setri Lureth should now properly award her flawless kill personal and guild achievement.
Vaedenmoor: Heart of Nightmares [Raid]
- Baliath should no longer heal when he is rooted outside the play space.
Chamber of Rejuvenation [Raid]
- Summoned Detonators should no longer spawn so deep in the side tunnels of the room.
- Dropped familiars have had their coin value reduced.
- Corrected an issue that prevented Ethershadow Assassin from dealing damage.
Trackback from your site.
So why change it to a chest for the public quests? What was broken in the old method?
It was easy enough to afk farm some of the PQ’s. This solves the issue because if they are afk, they’ll miss out on the reward.
Seems like an actual good solution to a problem…even if it is six months too late.
People were sitting around afk and getting rewards. Now they get flung a couple hundred metres and get to find a public chest reward. This is how it should have been implemented from the get-go. These are the things that need to be fixed, rather than making junky zones like proving grounds, etc.
The patch also corrected a player bonus, in regards to Guided Ascension. When “Guided Ascension XP Remaining” was reduced to under zero, the counter would initially reset to a figure somewhere in the billions. Then it would settle to a figure in the millions. Now when you reach or go below zero, your XP Remaining is zero.
The patch may also be responsible for:
MOTD “We are currently investigating issues with some characters being unable to log in. To correct the issue simply select your character from the dropdown menu on the Launchpad before pressing play. If you continue to experience issues logging in please open a petition with the character name and home server for assistance.”
A remarkable message, in that if you can’t login, you won’t be able to see the MOTD. I don’t see this warning anywhere else.
This chest idea was a stupid idea to fix the problem, already lost 2 chests because they spawned under the ground or in a tree or somewhere else we could not find it. And untrackable, what a kick in the teeth.
Bots were the problem, not afk-ers. PQs do not give any reward if you don’t tag the mob. I have left alt at OF PQ and been working and not noticed it had run. No reward. PQs are dying on the vine because no one wants to spend 30 min killing a mob and have the chest be underground. happens way too often.