Dethdlr and I are happy to announce that Quests are now available as an Open Beta on EQ2U! Here’s what we’ve added:
- Quests now appears under the Search menu
- A Quests tab has been added to the EQ2U Quick Search box on the homepage
- View your Active Quest Journal for any of your EQ2 characters
- View a Checklist of all 11,564 quests in EQ2 and see your character’s progress on those quests (Active, Complete, or Never Started)
- Items which offer a quest when examined now show the quest name and link to it
- Items which are required by a quest show the quest name and link to it
How do I access Beta? Do I have to sign up?
All you have to do is load up the EQ2U Dev site. You do not need to sign up or apply for beta as everyone will have access this weekend.
There are over 5,000 “duplicate” quests which have the same names but different details. For now, we are hiding these, but for quest completionists, we provide a button “Show Duplicate Quests”. We will be working to try to pare down some of these dupes.
There is no way for the EQ2 team to provide us data on which quests have been “removed from the game” because of how many different places you can get quests from (an NPC, a spawncamp, an item, just walking into an area, etc.). We will be looking at ways to crowdsource this data from the EQ2 player community.
What happened to Collection (shinies) data?
The EQ2 team is always looking at game performance both at the server and client end. Most of the work on Collections is done, but it’s on hold until later this year. Here’s Endymion‘s comment on the subject:
Collection data will be made available at some point, but the next major census task will be to resolve some inefficiencies in the export process. I can’t give an estimate on when that will be unfortunately, as I have a lot of non-census tasks that require my attention.
Thanks to EQ2 Developer Endymion at SOE for working tirelessly on adding Quest data and making sure it exports all the goodies we asked for. Thanks to Dellmon (Unrest), Jeehi (Everfrost), Faelen (Butcherblock) and Leaha (Permafrost) for their feedback and bug reports!