Sony Online Entertainment, Playstation Network, and Qriocity customers located in the USA who had an account before May 15, 2011 have begun receiving e-mails notifying them of the settlement of a Class Action Lawsuit. The e-mails have been confirmed as legitimate provided they come from email-sonyonline.com.
If You Had a PlayStation Network, Qriocity, or Sony Online Entertainment Account Before May 15, 2011, You Could Get Benefits from a Class Action Settlement.
- Benefits you could get (if you qualify) include:
- Payment equal to paid wallet balances (if $2 or more) in PSN or SOE accounts that have been inactive since the Intrusions,
- One or more of the following: a free PS3 or PSP game, 3 free PS3 themes, or a free 3-month subscription to PlayStation Plus (once valid claims exceed $10 million, class members will still be eligible for one free month of PlayStation Plus),
- A free month of Music Unlimited for Qriocity accountholders who did not have a PSN account,
- $4.50 in SOE Station Cash (amounts will be reduced proportionally if valid claims exceed $4 million).
The law firms of Robbins Gellar Rudman & Dowd LLP, Barnow and Associates P.C., Law Offices of David A. McKay LLC, Grant & Eisenhofer P.A., Strange & Carpenter, Blood Hurst & O’Reardon LLP, and Casey Gerry Schenk Francavilla Blatt & Penfield LLP will split $2.75 million.