Game Update 67: Darkness Dawns has now hit the EQ2 Beta server and here are the Update Notes. Game Update 67 is expected to go live July 23, 2013.
- Fabled Clefts of Rujark (accessed from Sinking Sands)
- Fabled Scornfeather’s Roost (accessed from within Fabled Clefts of Rujark)
- Fabled Djinn Masters Prism (accessed from the ‘Fabled Dungeon Portal’ in Pillars of Flame)
- Fabled Pedestal of Sky (accessed from the ‘Fabled Dungeon Portal’ in Pillars of Flame)
- Three New Contested Avatar Raids: Pit yourself against three new contested avatars in the overlands – Prexus, Solusek Ro, and Drinal!
Arena of the Gods
- The Arena of the Gods is a raid instance that allows 24 players to challenge any of the 9 avatars that are in game (includes the new contested avatars released in this GU). Once you kill an avatar and are rewarded, you can continue to practice the encounters as much as you want (there is a 3-day lockout timer for rewards).
Character Advancement Templates
Character Advancement Templates are now active! These will allow you to store up to 3 personal profiles on your character and as many as you want on your hard drive!
- Previous Alternate Advancements will not disappear and will be imported into this new system.
- You are able to build a profile beyond your currently available points, and the points will auto-spend as you level!
- In the ‘Character Development & Alternate Advancements’ window, you will notice a selection box in the upper-right corner when an AA tab is selected; from here you can select any personal profiles, or some basic profiles created by the EQ2 team (labeled as server profiles)!
- After building a profile, you can hit ‘Commit’ and choose which personal slot to save your profile in (you may also rename the template)! Just remember that if you’re working on a new profile, you want to save it locally or commit it to one of your 3 personal slots before you zone!
- To ‘Save’ a profile locally, so it can be loaded at anytime or distributed to other players, click on the ‘Commit’ button and then enter the template name you wish to use to identify the file. Then click on the disk icon which will save the profile inside of your root eq2 install folder. This will save an xml file to your local drive using the format, “CharacterName_TemplateName.aa”.
- To ‘Load’ a locally saved profile, just click on ‘Load…’ from the drop-down menu and it will bring up a list of the profiles found on your local hard drive.
- If you wish to start creating from a blank template, select ‘New’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the right-hand side of the AA window, there is now a list of AA icons representing a timeline of recently spent AA points. If you click on one of these icons, it will roll your layout back to that point (removing all spent points below that icon).
- Note: This system has not been finalized at this time, please keep an eye on the forum for updates.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
- City Sages now have The Book of Sacrifice, The Book of Power, and The Book of Trials available for those that completed the accompanying quest.
- Trainer Hawk Dunlop inFrostfang Sea is no longer giving advice about the elementals that are attacking Darklight Woods.
Chelsith: The Ancient Vault
- Murmaz the Believer should no longer spam “requires Beastlord” when hitting him when he has Frigid Barrier active.
- Harvestables should no longer spawn at the same location as the recovering othmir involved in Recurring Ministration.
- Kaherdin Surechest has been moved to a different prison cell in the Freeport Militia House, to avoid any conflict with a weary Kor shaman.
Siren’s Grotto: Dissension [Raid]
- Overlord Talan: Crippled Armor now properly displays the damage reduction it is removing. This is a display issue only – the damage reduction has not been adjusted further.
Antechamber of the Automaton [Challenge Duo]
- K’zan’s color attunements now show the icons for a more accurate period of time. The actual functionality has not changed.
- New Personal Depots can now be crafted! The recipes to make these have been added to the existing Personal Harvest Depot recipe group.
- A new “House-Lore” item flag has been added. A house can only have 1 of any item flagged as “House-Lore”.
- Added a /useabilityonmerc command that performs the same basic function as /useabilityonplayer, but attempts to use the ability upon the active mercenary of the specified player (or the mercenary itself, if specified directly).
ABILITIES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
- Level restrictions on Alternate Advancements have been removed. You can now access all of the abilities once you reach level 10.
- Impairments that reduce mitigation now further reduce the chance for player spells to be completely resisted.
- Dumbfire pets now have an increased chance to critically hit.
- Root Mastery now increases root duration by 6% per rank instead of 2s per rank.
PvP ABILITIES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
- Beastlords can now tame the “Cobalt brownhide” bears in Cobalt Scar as an exotic warder!
- In PVP combat, Cuss can now dispel increments of Frozen Solid and Toxic Aura.
- In PVP combat, Tease can now dispel increments of Frozen Solid and Toxic Aura.
- In PVP combat, Serene Symbol can now dispel increments of Frozen Solid and Toxic Aura.
- In PVP combat, Absorb Magic can now dispel increments of Frozen Solid and Toxic Aura.
- There is a new Heritage Quest available in Siren’s Grotto! Seek out the mysterious spirit in the Alluring Embrace to start your path…
- The War of Skyshrine: Keeping Enemies Close – Quest category has now been set as Signature.
- Ry’Gorr Mining Operations – The barrel search region is now highlighted on the map.
- Egg-cellent – Quest associated regions are now highlighted on the map.
- Egg-cellent – EnteringGoahmariVillagevia flying mounts will now trigger the intended ambush.
- On the Run – Finding the mysterious liaison now updates for the entire group.
- The Lands Above – Quest journal now specifies that you must speak with Field Marshal Vishra in the Withered Lands to complete this quest.
- Little Tarby Lost – You now have more time to react to the hungry wolves after speaking to Tarby. Tarby can also survive a bit longer now if attacked.
- Seek out Controller Kenjedeau – Quest journal now gives an accurate description as to Kenjedeau’s location.
- Over Their Heads – Gallie now recognizes that the saliraptor is standing next to her for the last step of the quest.
- Writs are now offered to players up to level 85 from NPCs on the dock in Kylong Plains.
- Lost Soldiers – Injured Combine Soldiers no longer can be hailed while running back to camp.
- Unexpected Weather – Alvian farmers will no longer give multiple updates.
- The Broken Hand – Aggression <Inner Demon> now has a quest target flag.
- Conflict Among the Kobolds can once again be turned in.
- Refurbished Goods”, “Remnants of a Traitor”, and “Shards of the Eye of Stormhammer” – Each can now be repeated for those that have deleted and regained “The Stormhammer” quest, after finishing them.
- The Book of Sacrifice now awards “Book of Sacrifice” house item.
- The Book of Power now awards “Book of Power” house item.
- The Book of Trials now awards “Book of Trials” house item.
- Cloak of the Vipers now has an improved appearance.
- All vitality potions and baubles now require level 4 to activate.
- Psionic Conversion now properly drops when the target dies, rather than switching to the caster.
- New Chaos Bringer PVP gear is now available for purchase in Champion’s Respite!
- Gleaming Chaos Gems can now be purchased from the Chaos Bringer for 2500 Havoc Marks.
- Blue Adornment prices have been reduced. Adornments that used to cost 3500 Havoc Marks now cost 1000, and adornments that used to cost 500 now cost 250.
Tags: game update 67
Trackback from your site.