A player named Trevynoae with an account going back to 2004 posted about a phone call he had with ProSiebenSat.1 on the subject of this SOE deal. Normally we do not run with single-source news, but with the dearth of information coming from SOE, we’re going to post this:
– There will be no Alaplaya-accounts – but there will be a region lock. We will log in via our SOE account on the alaplaya-page. (*looks confused*)
– EU Players will be able to create new SOE accounts and will be able to play on the US-servers there.
– EU accounts will get flagged. If you are currently located in the EU, Pro7 will get your money – otherwise it will go to SOE. More a segregation of people than servers. It doesn’t matter what server you play on. (See update below)
– EU customers will regret being considered US customers*
– [ProSiebenSat.1] have so much planned for EQII
– Alaplaya isn’t allowed to post here on the EQII boards because SOE doesn’t allow them to. That is why they opened a temporary board (link) on their own boards.
– SOE will do business as usual on all non-EU servers
– ProSiebenSat.1 of course will want to run their business on the EU servers. That’s why they will have special events and also changes on the EU servers (my comment: generate money off the servers – of course. everybody can make up their mind what this might mean looking at the alaplaya-business-model)
– one could say: EU servers have different rules based on what ProSiebenSat.1 want whereas US servers are SOE’s business
– there will be no character transfers between EU and US servers (comment: that is a big nono for me – because i have many friends in the us and maybe i want to decide to play with them using my main chars?!)
– US players (or US-flagged accounts) of course will not be allowed on the EU-servers anymore because they can’t be billed for marketplace stuff that they aren’t supposed to have access to.
This is a summary of a phonecall we had with the guy in charge of the SOE deal here in Germany at p7s1.
think about it. that’s what we could find out here in germany.
So either this guy lies terribly or the posted FAQ here and there is just wrong.
And a followup from Trevynoae to the statement that “EU customers will regret being considered US customers”…
according to the phonecall: ProSiebenSat.1 has EVERY right to change as much as they wish on THEIR servers because they want to do MUCH and MORE. That also is why US-flagged accounts won’t be allowed there – because whatever ProSiebenSat.1 does on the EU servers they won’t get any additional money from you because you are flagged US and not EU.
UPDATE: More clarifications:
– region lock: not fully decided yet
– some kind of soe-equivalent login – not the “old” soe login
– account-flagging is in discussion
– servertransfers: not decided yet
– us players possibly get access to eu servers. just how to make this possible is not decided (technical).
– and because of “us players may regret not being eu” … that’s more a metaphoric saying because of course p7s1 has every intention to make the experience for their share of the players special!
– oh and posting on the boards: they don’t do it because it’s the soe boards
The best possible interpretation of that last paragraph being that ProSiebenSat.1 wants to do special events and create special Marketplace items just for EU customers, and they do not want US players to get their extra work for free.
Trackback from your site.