After a growing silence about key parts of Game Update 61, specifically unexpected mechanics and itemization changes in high level gear, Salim “Silius” Grant, EQ2 Mechanics Lead, has stepped up and provided a detailed response to the issues as laid out so well by a determined player, Nevao in a thread entitled May we have a “State of the GU” post?
Responses from Silius are in red:
- Itemization Changes
Tier 3 to T8 revamp? Last time I checked there were still reports of items with insanely out of whack stats given the tier (mid-tier items with 40+ weapon skills for example) and items that were previously open to multiple classes now restricted to just a few (either directly or through stats). Where are we on this and are the devs happy with where it’s going?
- Stat values are being tweaked and fixed when we find the bugs.
- The goal of reitemize was to make items relevent to our current mechanics. This means that items will become polarized to the more archetypical setup we use now.
- What is going on with Tier 9 items? It was our understanding that SF gear was not being touched this pass and nothing was discussed about DoV. But now we’re seeing all kinds of changes to off hands (stat changes, red/yellow adornment slots being removed) that are not making sense to the community. Can we get someone to weigh in on what’s gong on?
- Offhand items that were indirectly modified should be fixed. If you are still finding issues with them please PM me.
- Mastercrafted Armor: Though technically not part of this release there are reports that there still serious kinks in the progression of Master Crafted Armor (working to get examples). Is this going to be addressed as part of this release?
- Like the rest of the items that have been updated there are still bugs. I am working through the last few bugs atm.
- Melee Priests: With all these changes, what is being done for the melee priest option? Roughly half of the priests subclasses have Melee Tuned AA (look at Wardens for example) but there is no gear to support this play style. With Spell auto attack being added this marginalizes this playstyle even more.
- This reitemize keeps melee priests in mind by offering them melee stats along with the spell attack counterparts.
- Spell Auto Attack:
- Can we get a better feel for the items going in? Right now it’s hard tell what the actual effect is going to be since we can only get a few legendary wands.
- Is there going to be any adjustments on existing gear for Spell Auto Attack or will this all be found on new gear
- Since Velious items are not being updated the new auto attack stats will not appear on them. POW items will have the stats as well as any old world updated items.
- Overcap changes
Focus: Is the “Snare” effect really working as intended? Is this being adjusted due to the feedback on how it’s changing play styles due to now having to use new methods for spell cancels on jousts?
- Moving while casting has been removed.
- Weapon Skills: I was told when asked these should effect CA min damage but they do not appear to be (unles this was an undocumented change last night). Was this a misunderstanding, or is it simply not working yet?
- Will look into this.
Responses in red, sorry for the wait. Thanks for the great post.
Tags: game update 61
Trackback from your site.