UPDATED: JUNE 18th, 2011
If you miss the pre-Expansion Zone Previews, Interviews with Artists, Animators, and Developers, as well as the quarterly Question & Answer , Developer Chats, and ‘What Bugs You Most?‘, you’ve got company. We’re not sure that 20 minute Stickam videos fully replace all those forms of communication. That said…
There have already been several hotfixes tackling some of the bigger issues introduced by Game Update 60, but there are others which have yet to receive confirmation from developers. We delve into this category today. This is a mixture of bonafide bugs, and also outstanding issues which rise above simple griping into things that are causing significant gameplay problems.
Details after the jump…
Velious + Game Update 60 Bugs
- Raid Forces Cannot Kill Heroic Mobs. When you are in a raid, heroic mobs all turn grey and no longer give any kill credit. It has never been explained why this change was made, although it has been suggested that the new Heritage Quest in GU60 may have been a factor. This change has had some unexpected ramifications in various scripts including making Leviathan (in the Chamber of Destiny) impossible unless you split up into a group to kill the trash. Since GU60. [Leviathan] [Tower of Frozen Shadow x2] [Ice Maiden]
- Melee Range on Mobs Changed to 5 meters (from 2). This continues to cause major issues as mobs are dancing around and now warping around trying to close the distance between themselves and players, while respecting the 5 meter limit. Positioning mobs for tanks is now a huge annoyance. Since Velious, worse in subsequent updates including GU60. [Warping Mobs] [Mikill] [Yet Another on Mikill]
Our ideal solution would be to roll back this change and set melee to 2 meters again, but change all ranged combat arts for all classes from level 80-90 to have a 2m minimum range. Tanking is a nightmare with the current setup. It’s like trying to get a group of spastic 8 year olds to walk in a straight line.
- Climbing Walls in certain zones including Maiden’s Chamber , Emerald Halls, and Deathtoll are now difficult or impossible. Since GU60. [link] Corrected in a hotfix.
- NEW: Snake “Gerg Teae” in Forgotten Pools has a Blood Pool on the ground which is bright green. Several players (including me) have noticed that we start the fight, get rooted and then insta-ported to the center of the room. You’ll possibly notice 1-2 tangled roots without a person wrapped in them. Until they are defeated, the people who were supposed to be wrapped in them will be Stifled, Stunned, and Rooted for the ENTIRE fight and only death cures it.
- NEW: Group/Raid Zones Locking Up. Large amounts of mage spell double attack may be involved. Since GU60. [Link]
- NEW: Foundation of Stone zone crashing, resetting all trash and named. Since GU60. [Link]
- NEW: Witchdoctor in Ascent bugging out. Since Velious beta. [link]
- NEW: Najena’s Hollow Tower lava fills up to top floor after each steam valve is opened. Since Velious beta. [link]
- NEW: Quested Adornments are NO VALUE. When placed on items, they make the item NO VALUE and thus they cannot be transmuted. They’re already NO TRADE, why are they NO VALUE?
- NEW: Can’t change Group Options while engaged in battle.
- NEW: Can’t kick a member from the group while engaged in battle.
- NEW: Anashti Sul seems to have had a change of heart and now only accepts Good-aligned characters. Oops. FIXED by Dev
- NEW: Raid leader cannot invite people when group #1 is full (except via /raidinvite). New since GU59/Velious, reported in Beta.
- Drunder Itemization continues to be totally out of line for the gear required to complete the zones.
- Crafted Drunder Gear Requires Expensive Resources. Tradeskillers have commented that the materials needed greatly outstrip the value of anything they can craft from Drunder-dropped materials. [Link]
- NEW: Rangers (and other classes really) are unable to specify Melee, Ranged, or Auto as our Default Autoattack. As a result, Rangers have to use ugly macros to force Ranged Autoattacks that bug out all the time, causing accidental pulls and robbing our DPS. Dirges may also wish to use their 2 ranged combat arts, but must remember to pick a melee combat art to switch autoattacks back to melee.
- NEW: All 5 Feign Death tinkered items now share a single 10 minute timer.
- NEW: Broker shows handcrafted gear or non-transmutable gear when TREASURED is selected as a filter.
- NEW: Every ‘widget’ or clicky in the game has a 2 second cast time (or longer). This is confirmed as ‘anti-exploit’ code.
- NEW: Line of Sight Broken Since EoF. Believe it or not, there was a time when you could heal another player as long as you could make eye contact, or send your pet to fight a mob that YOU could see. This all changed a few weeks after Echoes of Faydwer and we’ve never been given an explanation for why this change was required.
“Line of sight”, or more accurately”boot-to-boot” visibility has been required to heal or attack and it continues to be a source of frustration. This is particularly notable with healers and with pet classes such as Summoners and Enchanters. One of the reasons I stopped playing my Conjuror is just how many times I’d look over at my pet and see it standing there picking its butt rather than attacking because there was a tiny bump in the carpet between it and the mob I was nuking.
So this is just a very brief list of issues that are still affecting players. We will build on this list in the coming days based on your feedback. We’re not looking for “class X is totally overpowered/underpowered” but issues like targeting and line-of-sight which make gameplay frustrating.
Tell us What Bugs You Most and it might get added to this list!
Trackback from your site.