From the EQ2 Forums:
Join Sony Online Entertainment at Bally’s Las Vegas, from August 5th through 8th, for three days of fun and games at Fan Faire 2010. If you’ve never been to an SOE Fan Faire before, this is the time to make the trek to Sin City! Fan Faire is a great place for gamers to mix, mingle and meet with some of the faces behind their favorite SOE titles.
- Special announcements and sneak peaks of upcoming SOE titles
- In-game tournaments and live, game-themed competitions and quests
- Developer forums and roundtables
- Cool giveaways and other fun items!
And that’s just the beginning! Visit the Fan Faire website at www.soefanfaire.com for up-to-date information on registration, pricing and schedules. Tickets are expected to go on sale early this spring.
Hotel costs are looking fairly reasonable:
The special SOE rate at Bally’s Las Vegas is currently $65 plus tax on Thursday night, and $85 plus tax on Friday and Saturday night, while supplies last.
We noticed that a new Platinum package has been added at the $139 level:
- Second Fan Faire in-game item for your primary game! Yes, this means you get two with a Platinum Pass!
- Unlimited green screen photos with the backgrounds of your choice!
- VIP Check-In Lounge for Platinum Pass Holders only!
- Premium Gift Bag with special giveaways (to be announced)
- Private VIP events for Platinum Pass Holders only! You don’t want to miss out on this! Details to follow!
Although an official schedule has not yet been posted, and probably won’t be for another month or two, for those needing to make hotel and flight arrangements as early as possible, here is an outline of the schedule we’ve seen for the last few years:
- Thursday — Welcome Reception, Fan Faire weekend sneak preview.
- Friday morning — SOE sessions and panels, live events, and in-game tournaments.
- Friday afternoon — Game-specific Q&A sessions and panels, live events, and in-game tournaments.
- Friday night — SOE Fan Faire Party
- Saturday day — Game-specific Q&A sessions and panels, live events, and in-game tournaments.
- Saturday night — Banquet and closing ceremonies
- Sunday morning — Attendee check-out
NOTE: There is no guarantee they won’t change the schedule for this year.
For more information, and for the promotional code to book your hotel, check out the official SOE Fan Faire 2010 Website.
Tags: fan faire
Trackback from your site.