Welcome to the EverQuest II: Systems panel from SOE Live 2013. Panelists are Michael “Xelgad” Ganz, Brian “Omougi” Ferguson, and Kyle “Kander” Vallée.
Disclaimer: All things discussed about the expansion are subject to change!
Itemization will be discussed in our next systems panel: EverQuest II: Itemization Evolves.
More slides after the jump…
Buy Heroic Endlines
- 2nd line costs 20 points
- 3rd line costs 30 points
- Doesn’t require expansion
- Will be getting some rebalancing and reworking
New Dragon AA tree. Different dragon based on your archetype (this is just flavor):
- Woushi – fighter
- Yelenak – priest
- Dozekar – scouts
- Trakanon – mages
- Total of 50 points in new tree.
- looks like KoS tree but without top entry bubble.
- Lines vary based on Archetype, for instance Mages get 1 Survivability, 1 Solo, and 2 Damage lines.
At long last, Dungeon Finder is being rebuilt!
- Updated UI will show you your place in the queue.
- Rewards for using Dungeon Finder — bonus currency, plat, loot crates for using the system
- Internal calculator for determining the correct level of gear to survive the dungeon
- Matchmaker will only build functional groups with tank, healer, support, DPS, and 2 other slots.
- Matchmaker will try to grab a Troubador if you have a mage group, Dirge if you have scout group. It won’t hold up a group for these, but it will try to build the best possible group. Very smart.
Tired of relying on the computer’s matchmaker to build a group? Build your own based on everyone who is currently LFG!
- Group Builder is an Advanced Mode for Dungeon Finder.
- Allows group leaders to customize the allowed classes. Can specify only specific tank classes for specific zones, or certain classes for specific zones.
- Wards balanced vs. Reactives vs Heals over Time
- Noticeable increase to health. Increases to Autoattack damage to prevent interminable fights.
- Entry level gear should be rewarded pretty quick, and then later goals shouldn’t require weeks (months?) of token grinding.
Awesome consumables. Emerald Halls type stuff. Lots of consumables. Recipes that use heroic and raid drops, as well as other places.
Dissonance is the equivalent of Savagery.
- Has a Construct (golem) pet that can intercept damage. Not fully a pet class.
- The Construct reduces damage of groupmates, which can be parsed.
- Construct’s health is based on Channeler’s stats.
- He can’t die, he just stops absorbing damage at 25%, gets worse at absorbing damage as his health drops. Construct cannot be attacked by mobs, can be in PvP. Cannot be healed by normal meals. Only the Channeler can heal the construct.
- Construct has 6 appearance slots, 4 ability slots.
- Channelers can go out in the world and pick up appearances.
- Construct doesn’t need to be skilled up like Beastlord Warders.
Conduit Bar has 10 slots. All your main construct Repair abilities can go in the first 2 slots. Slot 3 is reserved for emergency heal. Slot 4 is a debuff. Slots 5-10 are wildcards and can take anything not a Repair, Emergency Heal, or Debuff. Cannot change Conduit bar in combat.
Trackback from your site.