After some issues with extended downtime (6 hours, but it took 3 hours for any explanation) on the EU servers, Game Update 61 has officially launched. From EverQuest2.com:
The time is near for the great Fortress of Drunder to reveal its true purpose to all. The very bedrock of the Eastern Wastes shudders as a massive portal rips itself open within the fortress walls. The sounds of battle echo through its halls as the God of War himself prepares his innumerable armies to march across the frozen face of Velious and seize control of the lands of Norrath for all eternity.
Game Update 61 Includes:
Dynamically Scaling Dungeons:
- “Sabaron’s Palace” and “Silent City: The Delving Dead” provide dynamically scaled content for adventure groups between levels 60 – 90. The encounters found within are randomized to create a unique play experience each time through.
Plane of War Heroic Dungeon and Raid:
- The Plane of War has both heroic and raid versions. Players can challenge Rallos Zek, the God of War, and foil his plans to steal the power of the twin swords to bring about the destruction of Norrath itself.
Velious Dungeon Rare Encounters:
- All currently existing Velious group dungeon zones now have a 25 percent chance to include an all-new named encounter, with fresh challenges to face and loot to win.
NOTE: Dungeon Finder is not currently in Game Update 61, but based on a comment posted a few days ago, we may see it sooner rather than later.
Dungeon Finder Match Maker System:
- The new Dungeon Finder interface allows players or their group to queue up and find more players to join for dungeon grouping at any level. Choose to queue for a random dungeon and gain an XP bonus.
Beastlord Prelude Event:
- Since the gods have returned, the ties between the spirit world and Norrath are once again strengthening. Spirit guides are trying to return to our world once again, but still lack the strength to do so. Players can offer assistance, taking the first step on a path that may lead to the return of the Beastlords of legend.
- Upgraded Item Levels 20 – 80
- New Marketplace Items
- In-Game Browser Optimizations
- AA Revamp — in order for your AA to reset you must zone upon entering the game.
- Buff Consolidation
- Class Focus Revision
- House Ratings System
- LON Set 13 Items
- Additional Content for Plateaus
Catapulting players into the next chapter of the Age’s End Prophecy storyline from the Destiny of Velious expansion, The War of Zek brings challenging new content for all players, including randomized dungeon encounters, a face-to-face showdown with Rallos Zek, and an epic prelude event for the return of weakened spirit guides.
Tags: game update 61
Trackback from your site.