With GU61 right around the corner (Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011), SmokeJumper has posted a note on the official forums warning players of some of the changes that will have an immediate impact on players. Read on to see what Smokejumper had to say and our commentary on ways to prepare.
All this info will be in the release notes also, but we wanted to let you know that there will be some important things to be aware of that occur once GU 61 goes live next week.
Here they are:
The re-itemization of all items between levels 20-90 mean that a couple things have to occur as we change the item details:
- All ATTUNED items must become UNATTUNED. The side-benefit of this means that you’ll be able to swap all your ATTUNED stuff around after this update until you once again ATTUNE that item to a character.
- All items worn *at the time of the update* and *that have adornments on them* will have those adornments popped off and returned to your inventory. You can then easily just pop them back into another item. You will not lose anything, but adorns will need to be reset for items that you have currently equipped *only*.
Additionally, because of the AA changes that are happening in this update, *all AA points are reset* as of the update. So the next time you log in, just be aware that you’ll need to respend your AA points.
So all in all, it’s not a bad thing. You get to move previously ATTUNED items around, reset the adorns in some of your equipment, and reshuffle your AA points.
But we wanted you to be aware that it would happen so you weren’t surprised.
If I’m reading this right, there is a bit of prep work you may want to do prior to this going live, such as:
- Take screen shots of each AA tree on each of your characters. Once GU61 hits, they will all be reset and you won’t be able to see what you had before.
- Take off all your currently equipped gear that has adornments. Once GU61 hits, all the adornments will be taken off any equipped items. Unless you want to figure out which adornments go where, unequip your gear.
- Equip any items you no longer use that have adornments. Since the adornments get taken off of equipped gear, might as well make the best of it and see if you can recover some adornments.
If you do the prep work before hand, this shouldn’t be a big deal and may actually be a decent benefit. If you don’t do the prep work, this may be a decent sized hassle come next Tuesday.
Trackback from your site.