While we wait the last 1 1/2 hours for the EQ2 servers to come back up, I thought some of you might like to check out a few more tidbits expected to come in Game Update 53 at the end of the month. I’ve focused on new features here. If you want, you can read the full EQ2 Test Update Notes courtesy of EQ2 ZAM.
- Runic Deflection should proc slightly more reliably.
- House layout files now properly save the scaling of an object.
- The save_layout and load_layout commands now properly save and load positions of NPC amenities.
- New crafting Achievements have been added.
- Certain Achievements have had rewards added to them.
- The Antonican Adventurer Achievement should now be able to be completed. The Achievement has been reset.
- The Lavastorm Nomad achievement has been reset to allow completion.
- Some Slayer quests will no longer be added back to your player after converting them to Achievements.
- The guild event for members earning achievements will now show up in the event list.
- Achievements can now be expanded even if they are completed.
- Achievements that give rewards will now display the reward when expanded. The rewards can be clicked to open an examine window or control-clicked to view in the dressing room window.
- The Commonlands Colonist and Ykeshan Trekker achievements have been reset to allow completion.
- The Chronomagi Taskers (quest givers to complete older Norrath content) have moved to be near the Timeless Chronomages [article at EQ2 Zam] (causing them to change zones from Qeynos South -> Harbor and from Freeport North -> East. In Gorowyn and Kelethin, they simply moved)
- When mentoring or chronolocking scaled down item bonuses will now be applied correctly.
- Rare drops from Tradeskill instances (Deadly Mixing Spoon, etc.) have been flagged as LORE-EQUIP ATTUNEABLE HEIRLOOM.
- A large number of the Station Cash and Legends of Norrath items are now HEIRLOOM.
- House items placed in moving crates will now stay in those moving crates, even when you are not looking!
- Tooltips for Books inside of packing crates will now look correct.
- The Threat window now resizes properly.
- The Welcome Screen now displays the name and zone of the Daily Double mission.
- Hotbar windows no longer have as much empty spacing around them making it easier to stack them close without overlapping.
- There are now Save Layout and Load Layout buttons on the /house window to help make it easier to manage your house layout setups! You can save the location and size of all your house items, and restore it later (Frostfell setup anyone?)
- The raid window has been put on a diet and is now slightly more compact.
- The raid window progress bars are slightly larger and more readable.
- There are now placeholder icons for the detrimental icons on the raid window.