Now it’s time for the EverQuest II Systems panel. Akil “Lyndro” Hooper, Kyle “Kander” Vallee, Michael “Xelgad” Ganz, Robert “Caith” Fouts, Dave “Maevianiu” Kish, and Douglas “Endymion” VanDerveer are presenting. We’re liveblogging this panel as well as recording a video of this panel in 720p HD.
Liveblog begins at 1:00pm PDT and ends at 2:00pm PDT on Saturday August 16th.
Fix for Stealth and AE Abilities
New Spell Qualities
- All spells go to Grandmaster
- Certain spells go to Ancient
Battleground 6v6 Balance of Theer
- Penalty for dying
- Tiles to stand on and get buffs/debuffs
Level Agnostic Dungeons
- Added to Dungeon Finder
- 20-89 can group together
- New itemization for all levels
- Classic zones
- No lockouts
- Zone out in cities
- 10 dungeons in the first wave
Altar of Malice
- Adventure, Tradeskill, Guild Levels increase to 100
- New Prestige abilities
- New TS Prestige
- New type of Critical Hits
- Continuing Choice-based Itemization
- More Stat Laytouts for Raid Armor
- New Poisons which are stat-scaling
- PvP it3emization changes
- New type of Armor Runes
- 25 new prestige points
- new prestige tab
Showing some new abilities.
- Prestige – same layout as Adventure
- Allows gathering of special resources
- New uses for lower level resources — every single harvest in the game from lower tiers will be useful for current content. Lots of fish (chuckle!)
- Apply to all play styles in Altar of Malice
- Some of the best-in-slot raid items will be made by tradeskillers
- Enhancements to Refining and Salvaging – These are in-game but not used all that much, In Altar of Malice they will be used more
Backend Systems Adjustments
- Spell Mitigation
- Mobs over 103 will require increased amounts of resists. Like back in Sentinel’s Fate.
- Might be able to succeed with more healers, but gear will be the best approach to survive.
- Recommended values will be displayed via a rogue or predator ability.
- Jewelry will increase resists noticably between qualities
- Old style resist curve — not a hard limit
- Mitigation and Avoidance
- Protection on shields will provide avoidance based on the wearer’s level
- Mitigation number cap increase so higher mitigation values can be used. Has to be balanced around all classes ie. brawlers
- New Critical System
- Going forward, no more Critical Avoidance!
- Scales beyond 4,000% Crit Chance
- Three New Types of Critical Hits
- Subject to change, but:
- Legendary – 25% increase
- Fabled – 100% increase
- Mythical – 200% increase
- Text is much larger, text has colored borders.
- You will not be able to get to 100% of any of these.
- Beastlord Adjustments
- Evaluating damage vs utility
- Master of Beasts will increase the damage of Beastlord abilities
- Continuing ToV itemization. No item revamp.
- Armor “Upgrade Gems”
- Continuing Ethereal events
- Armor and Accessory DChoices
- Cyan Adorn slot for Weapons
- More Raid Armor Stat Layouts
- Increaseing the number of options for raid armor to match heroic and solo.
- This excludes “no Stamina” gear
- Stat-Scaling Poisons
- Usesw the same formula as normal abilities.
- Poisons will take your Crit Bonus, Potency, and Agility into effect.
- Poisons will still not crit.
- New Armor Runes
- You have equipped 2 of 7 items from Sigil of Power and receive a new bonus.
- Purple adorns that make up a set.
- Have to make good choices — could Min/Max 3 of one, 4 of another.
- Removing purple adornments will be easier.
- Player vs Player
- New Blue Armor adornments
- Moving Toughness/Lethality from armor to adornments
- Recommended Stats on Raids
- Predator/Rogue ability – Observe Enemy – see required stats on an enemy
Questions & Answers (selected ones that have straightforward answers)
- Priest and Bard resist abilities and songs will be upgraded after level 96 to equal.
- Level Agnostic Dungeons wouldn’t work on level 90+ right now due to power increase. We’ll look into it.
- Negatives on priest Cyan adornments might go away. Originally, they wanted to increase weapon damage rating on weapons, but that wouldn’t work so they came up with cyan adorns.
- Will look into Healer mercs.
- Need to confirm this, but Ancient spells are with the expansion, and for All Access only.
- Critical Avoidance stat being removed.
- If, as a raider, you want the best items in the game, you should become a max level tradeskiller and get the Experimentation ability.
- Several questions about Ancient spells
- If you demote your account from All Access to F2P, you will be demoted back from Ancient to the last version you had, ie. Master, Adept, etc. If you upgrade again, you can use Ancient again.
- The game will never be balanced around Ancient spells.
- Rare Drops only. Not researchable.
- Q: If I cast Temporal Mimicry on a Necro and he casts Lifeburn, do I die too?
- A: You are not the one actually casting the spell. Xelgad wanted it to be you, but it’s actually a hidden pet.
- Q: Will NPCs do legendary/fabled crits?
- A: Mobs don’t crit. We don’t like mobs that surprise kill everyone.
- Question about which chat window/category the Observe Enemy ability info will go into.
- This ability will work in PvP, but it’s a hostile ability.
The slides for this panel are now available for viewing here:
Trackback from your site.