Today’s update is all about Itemization, specifically Group and Raid zones in Chains of Eternity.
Players have been clamoring for Chains of Eternity Heroic zones to drop items even as good as some of the powerful items found in Advanced Solo zones, and it looks like those sentiments have been heard. (Don’t worry Soloers, the solo zones still drop a ton of loot).
Sleeper’s Tomb (Contested) has had a bigger problem as players quickly abandoned it when they found that the loot was hardly better than that from the much easier instanced heroic zones.
After 3 expansions with Yellow and Red Adornments being sold by vendors, Chains of Eternity tried something new with Pre-Adorned items. The most desirable adornments are now found in dungeons and raid zones already attached to items (often of a different class/spec to the adornment). While this is an intriguing concept, and it has the potential to extend gameplay, it has also led to player confusion and frustration.
But one slice of the EQ2 playerbase who have yet to see the silver lining in this concept of Pre-Adorned loot are Raid Leaders who have been given the unenviable task of deciding whether Pre-Adorned items will go to someone who needs the gear upgrade, or someone who needs the adornment.
While Kander isn’t yet ready to throw in the towel on pre-adorned loot by slapping all the adornments on a vendor, it seems he’s recognized the inherent difficulties and is now providing an alternative to dividing the child:
There will not be a merchant for CoE adornments. We are adding green adornment removers that will remove green adornments without destroying the item, they will be available for plat from a merchant. We are also adding adornment removers that will remove any one adornment without destroying the item. These will be very costly, plat wise from a merchant, but will be rare drops in all CoE heroic and raid zones.
After the jump, the full Update Notes, including the pricey new Adornment Dislodgers which don’t destroy the items…
From the EQ2 Forums:
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Chains of Eternity
- Heroic zone bosses have been given new and improved rare dropped items. They will continue to drop everything that they previously dropped.
- Heroic zone bosses now have a better chance to drop Ethereal items.
- Heroic zone bosses and all raid bosses now have a chance to drop [eq2u]Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodger[/eq2u]s. These will remove adornments without destroying the item they are attached to.
- [eq2u]Superb Green Adornment Dislodger[/eq2u] and Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodger are now available for purchase from Mattrim Axios in the Cardin Ward.
Sleeper’s Tomb [Contested]
- Sleeper’s Contested named now have new rare drop tables and also have a chance to drop Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodger.
Wurmbone Crag [Advanced Solo]
- Gaping Wounds no longer does fatal damage when it results in Bleeding Out when it goes uncured.
GUILD HALL AMENITIES
- The depot windows on the default UI can now be stretched and sized in game.
- Beastlords can now use the [eq2u]Dragon Sinew Strung Bow[/eq2u].
- The health bonus given to players level 90 to 94 in battlegrounds has been reduced.
NOTE: The EQ2U popups will work once a player has discovered each of the two adornment types.
Trackback from your site.