Game Update 100 “The Scourged Wastes” has been under invite-only beta for the last three weeks and tonight it will hit the Test server to allow for a bit of public testing prior to its April 28th launch. Bugs should be reported on the EverQuest II Bug Tracker. The full Test Update Notes can be read here, but we’re going to cherry pick a few interesting points…
This update is heading to test later tonight, ETA ~10pm PST.
- GU 100 is now available on Test server. Level 100 players should expect to receive an in game mail directing them further.
- Removed the embedded Legends of Norrath (LoN) client from the EverQuest II client. If you wish to continue playing LoN, please download and use the standalone client available at www.legendsofnorrath.com.
- Characters on Thurgadin have been granted legacy server titles.
- Fixed a bug where it would take a long time for your Daybreak Cash balance to show in the marketplace window.
- Fixed a bug where players could lock other players out of Kralet Penumbra.
- Encounters and player characters now have a new contested stat called resolve. PC’s who have less resolve than their NPC targets will deal less damage and receive more damage equal to 1% for every point that their resolve is below their opponents resolve.
- Example 1: Playerbob has 150 resolve while his target NPCGnoll has 200 resolve. Playerbob will deal 50% less damage against NPCGnoll and NPCGnoll will deal 50% more damage to Playerbob.
- Example 2: Playerbob has 150 resolve while his target NPCOrc has 100 resolve. Player bob will deal normal damage and NPCOrc will not deal any extra damage to Playerbob.
- Characters may Heartbond to their one and only via a Heartstone.
- All classes now have a raidwide resolve buff.
- Resolve has been added to all Terrors of Thalumbra gear.
- Experience Vials are now available in the Marketplace. Once purchased, experience vials may be enabled from the UI to convert your earned used experience points
ZONES / ZONE PROGRESSION
- The GU 100 zones The Fabled Temple of Cazic-Thule, including The Fabled Sanctum of Fear, and The Fabled Ruins of Varsoon along with The Fabled Chamber of Immortality, accessible via a portal on the docks in the Thundering Steppes for subscribers.
So first up, Legends of Norrath is being spun out of the EverQuest II game client. There are also plans (although no date has been given) to make all the rare LoN loot cards available directly from the EQ2 Marketplace. One wonders how long Legends of Norrath has left.
A new stat called Resolve has been added to the game. This seems to be a return to the idea of Critical Mitigation / Critical Avoidance. I never had a problem with either of these stats, as long as they were properly tuned. Crit Mit was grossly overtuned throughout the release of Drunder and was allowed to fester for almost a year before the stat was unceremoniously ripped out of the game.
MMORPGs will always need “You must be this tall” stats to keep content relevant, but they have to be adjusted quickly if they get out of whack. We’ll see what happens with Resolve. The stat is available as a raidwide buff for all classes and is being retroactively added to Terrors of Thalumbra gear. Hopefully it is available in Census (for inclusion in EQ2U) on day one.
This update adds Heartbound which is sort of like an in-game marriage between players. When both players are logged in, they receive a special buff. The ceremony is performed in the Shard of Love zone.
Game Update 100 has many bugfixes and tweaks, including longstanding bugs with Quests, Items, Shiny spawning, the dragon Delahnus the Dauntless not spawning in Vestigal Cella for a required Epic Repercussions quest step if the queen is killed too quickly, and so forth. The complete GU100 Test Update Notes can be read on the EQ2 Forums.
Trackback from your site.