From Racheal “Afista” on the EQ2 Forums:
We are excited to announce that the game update on September 23rd will include code updates to improve performance on servers as well as player clients! What does this round of updates hold in store for you? These changes will help game performance, whether you enjoy adventuring, tradeskilling, or decorating.
Improved Graphical Performance
- Improved client performance on maximum settings, including “Extreme Quality”
- Utilized SSE and SSE2 instruction sets
- Improved how the Welcome window is sent to clients
- Improved how the server calculates stats during combat (more to come!)
- Several improvements to Marketplace performance
- Made client improvements, including some optimizations to how data is sent from the server to the client (more to come!)
- Several improvements to spawning of items and NPCs to make this less of a load on the server
- Optimized some server side AA calculations for player to load/save and modify AA trees (more to come!)
Thank you to all of the players who helped us test these improvements on the Beta server! More improvements, including additional raid performance upgrades, are currently in the works. Beta testing for Altar of Malice begins on October 7th for All Access Members and goes into Open Beta on October 14th. We look forward to seeing you there to help us test more exciting content!
This work has been done by the EQ2 code team, led by Dave “Maevianiu” Kish.
Trackback from your site.