Game Update 57 is now up on the Test and Test Copy Servers and we’ve got the Update Notes. We’ve already taken some new screen shots of the new default interface including the new pictorial tutorials for new players.
- User Interface – One of the touted features of Game Update 57 is the revamped User Interface. The Persona and Inventory windows have been merged into a Character window. The XP bar has become a sort of “dock” at the bottom of your screen. All buttons and window corners have been rounded off. And for the most part, everything that was blue is now red! No doubt UI modders will come out with a classic re-skin to turn everything back to blue. We will be posting a preview of the GU57 Interface Changes soon. Discussed Here
- Map Points of Interest – Many points of interest have been added to the default map, including quest locations. This will provide some of the functionality of EQ2Maps.
- Additional Travel Revamp – There have been additional revamps to Travel. With path linking, you can now choose the ultimate destinations of any inter-zone travel and it will “connect the dots” to get you there. All transport pads in Kingdom of Sky connect to all others, and travel between the three Kingdom of Sky zones is much easier.
- Character Creation & More Neutrals – The Character Creation screens have been revamped, and several more classes have become neutral, including Assassin, Ranger, Templar, Inquisitor, Coercer, Illusionist, Monk and Bruiser.
- Extraneous Spells/CAs Removed from Levels 1-15 – Many spells and combat arts that new players generally did not use at level 1-20, such as Taunts, De-Agros, Agro-reduction, etc. have been postponed until level 15+ to decrease the number of new spells/CAs that players are exposed to in the increasingly brief sprint from level 1-20. First Discussed Here
- Spell Effects Visual Revamp which was rumored for GU55 is now on Test. This is an update/revamp of the animation which plays for each beneficial and hostile effect cast by characters.
- Lucan D’Lere has returned!
- Additional Tradeskill Quests have been added at level 20 and 30.
- Starting Zone Conflicts – Frostfang Sea (New Halas) and Greater Fay starting zones are now under attack by invaders, adding an additional level of interest to these zones. In addition, Gorowyn has received yet another architectural revamp to hopefully improve navigation.
- General – You can also expect the usual array of tweaks and bugfixes to raid zones, battlegrounds, AA lines, Quests, and Items. Most classes got some kind of benefit here.
As this is all on Test and Test Copy, the EQ2 team are really looking for bug reports, feedback, and comments on everything that’s been added.
Complete Game Update 57 Notes after the jump…
Game Update 57 Test Notes 2010.07.27
QUEST REGIONS OF INTEREST
- Many quests will now highlight areas on the map to show where updates can be obtained.
- Quests must be active in the quest helper window for their RoIs to display.
- Mousing over a quest in the quest helper window will highlight its corresponding RoIs on the map.
- Quests in the following zones currently support this feature:
- Frostfang Sea, Darklight Wood, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Lavastorm, Kylong Plains, Butcherblock, Steamfont, The Barren Sky, The Bonemire, Tenebrous Tangle, and Sinking Sands.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- The overall UI color scheme has been updated to give a more natural feel.
- The clock and compass have been integrated into the mini-map window (the old compass is still available with Alt-N).
- At the bottom of the screen you will now find the Nav bar, which replaces the old experience bar and includes the EQII button and shortcuts to various UI windows.
- New tutorial windows have been created to help ease new players into the game.
- The Marketplace window has been upgraded for easier browsing. An item preview pane has also been added.
- The Welcome window layout has been reorganized to make it easier to read.
- The Inventory and Persona windows were merged to create the Character window (the shortcut key for this window is C).
- The casting, breath and PvP immunity bars have been updated with a new look.
- The hotbar has been reworked and is now easier to manipulate.
- If a new spell is a newer version of an old spell on your hotbar it will replace the older version rather than adding a new button on your hotbar.
- Spell effects that are not able to crit will say “This effect cannot be critically applied” in the spell description.
- You can now freely move any UI window when viewing them in F10 mode.
- More classes are now neutral.
- Neutral: Troubador, Dirge, Ranger, Assassin, Templar, Inquisitor, Fury, Warden, Coercer, Illusionist, Wizard, Warlock, Bruiser, Monk, Guardian, and Berserker
- Good: Swashbuckler, Mystic, Conjurer, and Paladin
- Evil: Brigand, Defiler, Necromancer, and Shadowknight
SPELL VISUAL REVAMP
- Updated visuals have been added to all PC Spell and Combat Arts.
- Inner zone travel locations now support path linking. This means when travelling via sokokar/horse/balloon you will be able to select any location in the zone that is an available travel point and let the mount do the rest.
- The KOS cloud pads can now teleport you to any other pad within the same zone.
- Cloud travel around KOS zones can now be done via the Overrealms Tour Agency. They offer tour route services for Tenebrous, Barren Sky, and Bonemire.
- Weapon appearance slots are no longer restricted to being the same wield style of your equipped weapons.
- Lucan D’Lere has returned to Freeport! His Lucanic Knights have retaken the streets of from the Dreadnaughts and Thexians.
- The hooluk collector in the Barren Sky is now in the Windgazer’s Hideout with the banker. The hooluks have also joined the wider trade community of Norrath and installed a broker and mail kiosk.
- The book, “The Case of the Lost Lute” is now available for purchase from the Sage NPCs in South Qeynos, North Freeport and New Halas if player is a troubador, level 80+ and does not already have the book.
- The “Halasian Weapon Rack” now mounts properly in houses.
- The Vambraces of plated ice have had their stats adjusted to be consistent with similar healer shoulder items in Icy Keep.
- The Band of the Corrupter’s effect Pure Corruption now also procs agility.
- The “Bauble of Holidays Past” description has been made a bit more specific, and the particles should be easier to see.
- The appearance armor sets sold in Erronson’s Fur and Leathers shop in New Halas are now heirloom instead of no trade.
- It is now much easier to change which holiday-themed effect is triggered by The Bauble of Holidays Past.
- Swift Claws from the Claws of Jojo will no longer cause stacking issues with Furious Blows.
- The Seeker’s Disc of Darktruth is now usable by level 80 crafters.
- The Skinbreach Silk Cord should now have resists.
- Band of the Corrupter should now also proc 75 Agility.
- Icy Keep: Many of Vrewwx’s Drops from the Challenge Mode have been adjusted to be more in line with the Difficulty.
- Legends of Norrath mounts have all been upgraded to a standard 65% run speed.
GUILD HALL AMENITIES
- The “Guild Hall Kunark Writ Agent” now offers writs to Guild members that are citizens of New Halas.
- Guild hall harvester hirelings no longer spam you with a list of every item they brought back.
- Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs and raw vanilla can now be placed in supply depots.
- “Call of City” spells now properly apply their new reuse and casting speed on PVP Servers.
CLASS PROGRESSION / ABILITY CHANGES
- Fighter heals can no longer critically heal.
- Fighters will no longer automatically receive “Intercept” at level 6.
- Crusaders will no longer automatically receive “Pledge of Armament” at level 17.
- Berserkers will no longer automatically receive “Enrage” at level 8.
- Berserkers will no longer automatically receive Mock and Mock II.
- Berserkers now receive “Body Check” at level 8.
- Berserkers now receive “Rupture II” at level 6.
- Berserkers now receive “Reckless Aide” at level 21.
- Berserkers now receive “Destructive Rage” at level 18.
- Berserkers now receive “Abandoned Fury II” at level 16.
- Berserkers now receive “Raging Blow” at level 3 and “Body Check” at level 2.
- Berserker “Perseverance” now has a 60 second reuse time.
- The Berserker ability “Body Check” no longer requires a shield.
- “Wall of Rage” no longer snares the caster.
- Bruisers will no longer automatically receive “Slurred Insult” and “Slurred Insult II.”
- Bruisers will no longer automatically receive “Abuse” at level 8.
- Bruisers will now receive “Shrug Off” at level 21.
- Bruisers will now receive “Smoldering Fists II” at level 16.
- Guardians will no longer automatically receive Provoke and Provoke II.
- Guardians will no longer automatically receive “Shout” at level 8.
- Guardians now receive “Bash II” at level 8.
- Guardians now receive “Overpower II” at level 6.
- Guardians now receive “Never Surrender” at level 21.
- Guardians now receive “Battle Tactics” at level 18.
- Guardians now receive “Forward Charge II” at level 16.
- The Guardian ability “Shield Bash” is now “Bash” and no longer requires a shield.
- “Hunker Down” no longer snares the caster.
- Monks will no longer automatically receive “Silent Threat” and “Silent Threat II.”
- Monks will no longer automatically receive “Challenge” at level 8.
- Monks will now receive “Tranquil Vision” at level 21.
- Monks will now receive “Flow Like Wind II” at level 16.
- All versions of Will of the Heavens can now be cast while the monk is feared.
- Paladins will no longer automatically receive “Clarion” and “Clarion II.”
- Paladins will now receive “Wrath Stance II” at level 16.
- Paladins will now receive “Crusade” at level 18.
- Paladins will now receive “Resolute Faith” at level 21.
- Paladin “Judgment” is now a Fist for the Heroic Opportunities.
- “Heroic Dash” no longer requires a shield or symbol to be equipped.
- Shadowknights will now receive “Devious Evasion” at level 21.
- Shadowknights will now receive “Unholy Strength” at level 18.
- Shadowknights will now receive “Dark Blade II” at level 16.
- Shadowknight “Unholy Strength VI” no longer has a casting time.
- Shadowknight “Malice” is now a Fist for the Heroic Opportunities.
- “Hateful Slam” no longer requires a shield or symbol to be equipped.
- Scouts will no longer automatically receive “Evade” at level 6.
- Assassins will no longer automatically receive “Murderous Design” at level 11.
- Assassins will now be granted Villainy at level 11.
- Brigands now receive “Mug” at level 6.
- Dirges now receive “Tarven’s Crippling Crescendo” at level 6.
- Rangers will no longer automatically receive “Primal Reflexes” at level 11.
- Rangers will now be granted “Hunter’s Instinct” at level 11.Assassins and Rangers now gain the new spell “Hilt Strike” at level 6.
- Swashbucklers now receive “Double-Cross” at level 6.
- Troubadors now receive “Vexing Verses” at level 6.
- Mages will no longer gain “Bind Sight” automatically. It is now a fun spell and can be bought from the class trainers.
- Dispel Magic is now Absorb Magic and now also drains a small amount of power. It no longer has a power cost.
- Summoners will now receive their first version of Vampire Bats at level 10.
- Summoners: “Aqueous Stone” is now “Aqueous Soul” and no longer summons an item that grants water breathing. It now simply casts water breathing on the target.
- Warlocks will no longer automatically get “Nullify” at level 10.
- Warlocks will now get “Vacuum Field” at level 4.
- Void Contract now costs less health to cast below level 40.
- Wizards will no longer automatically get “Cease” at level 10.
- Wizards will now gain “Ice Spears” at level 4.
- Vital Transfer now costs less health to cast below level 40.
- Coercers will no longer automatically receive “Mesmerize” at level 1.
- “Shift Mana” now has a lower health cost at low levels.
- Illusionists will no longer automatically receive “Entrance” at level 1.
- “Extract Mana” now has a lower health cost at low levels.
- Priests will no longer receive the spell “Summon Food and Water.”
- Priests will now receive “Wrath” at level 6.
- Clerics will now receive “Soothe” at level 30.
- Allied Prayers now gives 4% heal potency per rank rather than 3% heal potency and 3% critical chance.
- Legionnaire’s Focus now is 2% heal potency rather than 2% heal crit bonus per rank.
- Coercive Healing now affects Chilling Invigoration.
- Lifeburn can no longer be dispelled.
- The quest book “Remembrances – Tel’riia’mil’an’ane’ie” will now update in any zone, not just in the Obelisk of Lost Souls, which should make evil eyes easier to obtain.
- The named nightbloods required for “The Mysterious Drafling” quest should now spawn automatically if you are on the quest, and will not appear at all if you are not.
- New Halas writs have been added to the Moors of Ykesha.
- Writ giver Ankinil Zo’Ro in Butcherblock now offers Gorowyn citizens city writs from level 20.
- Neriak: Players of any evil alignment can now speak with Zintra for the quest “Eight Legs Are Better Than Two.”
- The quest “Exile to Neriak – Sun Dazzled Vamps” now allows you to use the sunstones on any of the T’Rethir vampires, not just priests.
- Players tagging chokidai together for the quest “Keeping Tabs” will now receive updates as a group.
- It is now easier to obtain quest updates for “Caustic Action”, “A Key To The Past”, and “Far Seas Requisition – TS0703-SCO”
- A number of quests in the Sanctum of the Scaleborn and the Feerrott now have a greater chance to obtain the quest item when a creature is killed.
- The quests “The Mystery of the Cursed Tower” and “Watching the Watchman!” should sort properly by current zone in your quest journal.
- “Battle of Ages Past” should now give you the Jin’tu’s gift ability along with the item. If you already have the item all you need to do is use it to receive the ability in your book.
- The quest “To Catch The Sky” now directs you to a new, safer location to catch the piece of sky.
- Mist essences now only drop from cloudmist walkers when you are actually on the quest “The Inhabitants of Cloudmist Isle”.
- Scholars can now make level 10-19 bracelets.
- Representatives of the Ironforge Exchange and Coalition of Tradesfolke are now stationed in New Halas and may have crafting work to offer to players tradeskill level 10 or higher.
- The Totem of Escape and Totem of the Great Chameleon are now usable at level 30.
- Artisans of the 20th rank or higher who are interested in working for the Far Seas Trading Company should seek out trade liaison Cordelia Galeston at the Butcherblock Mountains docks for more information.
- “Pristine” has been removed from all tradeskill equipment as the name was a holdover from when you used to be able to make multiple qualities of the same item. All tradeskill equipment should be title cased as well.
- The tinkered weapons Troll Snot Flinger, Gnarmy, and Tinkered Turkey Launcher now have improved visual effects.
- The names of Vampire Bats, Raging Blow, and Body Check recipes have changed slightly (e.g. Vampire Bats II is now Vampire Bats III) so tradeskillers may wish to double check which level of these spells they are creating for customers.
- Karalyn Cinderton in the Steamfont Mountains is seeking assistance from tradeskillers level 30 and higher.
- Academy of Logistics engineers have completed their changes to the layout of the city of Gorowyn. They sincerely hope that the improved city layout will be easier to negotiate for Gorowyn residents, will promote more tourism to Gorowyn, and will reduce the number of completely lost rangers that the guards keep finding in obscure corners of the city.
- The Nursery in Greater Faydark is under attack! New characters starting in Greater Faydark will have to help save the blooms of the Nursery and thwart the plans of the Grobin clan of goblins. Can you help the Matron and her friends ensure the safety of the unborn fae?
- Hate’s Envy has come under attack by Sablevein elementals! Adventurers starting there will find themselves quickly enlisted to repel the assault before all of Hate’s Envy is razed!
- Thexian invaders continue to cause trouble within Darklight Wood. Members of the Dread Guard are seeking the assistance of adventurers at T’Vatar Outpost!
- Several Nerian citizens have gone missing from Wanderlust Fair. New adventurers emerging from Neriak should speak with Malyl N’Vazin to look into this matter.
- New Halas City Faction merchant, Mirva Kilgour, is now selling titles!
- Pilgrims’ Landing is under attack by Ry’Gorr orcs! Adventurers starting there will find themselves being thrust into the fray, very quickly.
EMPEROR ATREBE’S LABORATORY: THE FABLED CITY OF KOR-SHA
- The zone boss Ka’El Ka’Vrish should do significantly less damage when casting Ravage.
- Vaclaz Released (challenge mode): Procs and passive effects will no longer trigger the spreading of the toxic inversion curse.
- Vaclaz and Vaclaz Released: Non-Priests are now given precedence when choosing who will receive keen insight in order to disrupt the roekillik energymaster adds. A priest will only be chosen for this task if there are no other raid members available.
- Energized Taehric Construct (challenge mode): The Construct will try and cast Crippling Judgment on his main target whenever possible, rather than a random fighter. The construct will try and cast Curse of Befuddlement on priests in separate groups, whenever possible, avoiding casting it on two priests in the same group whenever possible.
- “The Idol of Mor’Tael” book can now be obtained within Nektropos Castle.
PERAH’CELSIS’ ABOMINABLE LABORATORY
- Arkatanthis the Destroyer: The Benthic adds that challenge group members will try to challenge players unaffected by benthic freeze wherever possible.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes characters could get stuck in a battleground.
- Players who are reviving when a battleground match completes will still get credit for completing the match.
Trackback from your site.