There was no downtime notice, but…
From the EQ2 Forums:
SUMMER ETHEREAL EVENT
- Summer Ethereal Items are here! Characters may pick up a new mission that will grant an Ethereal Coin with a chance at an Ethereal item. Ethereal coins may be used to purchase Ethereal rewards at a new merchant in Thalumbra: the Ever Deep.
- Ethereal daily and weekly heroic missions are now available in Thalumbra! Speak to Holstin Coresprock for the daily mission and VV.E.E.K.I_.Y IIIissi0N5 for the weekly mission.
ZONES / POPULATION
- Collectibles near Monolith of Woe and Ember Hive in Kylong Plains are no longer buried by snow or rock.
- Harvestables and shinies will now despawn 5 minutes after opened instead of 2 minutes.
- Tier 2 raid armor from the Scourge Wastes now grant the correct 6 resolve.
- Paying Homage to the Past – Is now available from Navarius Orvalis <Sage> in Freeport.
- The city Sages have received a huge shipment of Lore & Legend books, available for those who have completed the corresponding Mastery.
- Fearknight is now available to purchase from Noble Tark Validus <Loyalty Merchant>.
- Staff, Sai, Katana, and Mace of the Hua Mein are now heirloom