We liveblogged today’s EverQuest II Spring Update Livestream on Twitch…
EQ/EQ2/Landmark Executive Producer Holly “Windstalker” Longdale, Lead Designer Kyle “Kander” Vallee, Senior Designer Carlos “Gninja” Mora, Senior Designer Chris “Chrol” Garlick, Designer/Systems Robert “Caith” Fouts, and Community Manager Ry “Roshen” Schuller presented a livestream today.
The new Spring Update — Game Update 100 (what happened to GU72?), becomes available to All Access subscribers on Thursday, April 28th. You’ll need membership to play any of the content and to use the items.
Beta starts April 4th.
The content starts in a version of the overland Zek known as Zek — the Scourged Wastes. In addition to Zek-based fabled zones (Advanced Solo, Heroic, and Raid zones), the EQ2 team wanted to tell a story by redoing the overland Zek, the Orcish Wastes zone. The overland zone is available in both Advanced Solo and Heroic versions and both versions have good-sized Signature quest lines. The Scourged version of the zone has been completely repopulated with newly modeled orcs. The old “Zek — the Orcish Wastes” is still accessible of course for level 30ish characters.
- In this version, Deathfist Citadel has become Scourge Keep. Based on the same zone but revamped. There’s a new courtyard.
- Level 100 content
- New Cyan adornments and Cloak Gems (purple adornments for cloaks that aren’t War Runes)
- Gear will complement Terrors of Thalumbra gear, mostly slots and things that weren’t upgraded in ToT.
- There are 16 heroic nameds in the heroic zone but you can only kill 6 per dungeon run. Each boss has their own loot table and they require special tricks to spawn like clicking on something. Also a challenge boss.
- “Arena” event you can trigger to kill as many orcs before you die.