So despite the exhaustive EQ2: Free-to-Play Frequently Asked Questions, as well as SmokeJumper‘s lengthy Producer’s Letter, there were still a few details and questions that got missed in last Thursday’s announcements.
These EQ2X items are leaving the Marketplace (some previously announced):
- ‘Wand of Obliteration’
- ‘Rune of Devastation’
- Mastercrafted Gear
- Tradeskill Rares
- Crafted Arrows
- Self-Rez Scrolls
- ‘Guild Charter’ unlocks for creating guilds
These EQ2X items are staying in the Marketplace:
- Research Reducers (for researching Adept, Expert, and Master spells faster)
- Regular Bags
Other Points of Interest:
- Free StationCash for recurring EQ2 subscriptions paid with a Credit Card.
- What do Gear/Spell/Class/Race Unlockers actually cost?
- Returning EQ2 players who are considering the Free-to-Play option are less than happy about needing to buy Class/Race Unlocks if their class/race isn’t a Free one.