All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC) for an update. Estimated downtime is less than 3 hours.
From the EQ2 Forums:
NEW KUNARK ASCENDING HERITAGE QUEST
- Interested adventurers should search within Obulus Frontier for clues on how to begin this new quest. Good hunting!
- Experts in the mysterious menagerie have discovered a subspecies of creatures that have been found to increase the master’s ability to channel greater power.
- You can access the Familiar window via a tab in your character UI.
- This update includes two new cooperative competition zones (Battle upon the High Seas and Battle for Felwithe) that allow groups of up to six to compete against each other in timed races to see who can complete the zones’ challenges first.
- Only one zone is available at a time, and the fastest times for each round, currently set for seven days, will be recorded on a leader board accessible from within the Proving Grounds.
- To keep things competitive, stats granted from gear are not added to the character in the Proving Grounds.
- All heals and wards are percentage based while in the Proving Grounds, scaling off of spell tier and level.