All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 at 7:00 AM PT (14:00 UTC) for an update. Estimated downtime is less than 3 hours.
From the EQ2 Forums:
NEW KUNARK ASCENDING HERITAGE QUEST
- Interested adventurers should search within Obulus Frontier for clues on how to begin this new quest. Good hunting!
- Experts in the mysterious menagerie have discovered a subspecies of creatures that have been found to increase the master’s ability to channel greater power.
- You can access the Familiar window via a tab in your character UI.
- This update includes two new cooperative competition zones (Battle upon the High Seas and Battle for Felwithe) that allow groups of up to six to compete against each other in timed races to see who can complete the zones’ challenges first.
- Only one zone is available at a time, and the fastest times for each round, currently set for seven days, will be recorded on a leader board accessible from within the Proving Grounds.
- To keep things competitive, stats granted from gear are not added to the character in the Proving Grounds.
- All heals and wards are percentage based while in the Proving Grounds, scaling off of spell tier and level.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the claim window search field would spam the chat window.
- Ascension Masters now give Guided Ascension scrolls every 18 hours, down from 21 hours.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue where maps were not showing correctly in Expert zones.
Removed the Membership requirement from the following zones:
- City of the Nayad [Advanced Solo]
- City of the Nayad [Heroic]
- Scourge Keep [Advanced Solo]
- Scourge Keep [Heroic]
- The Fabled Antechamber of Fate [Raid]
- The Fabled Cavern of the Crustaceans [Raid]
- The Fabled Chamber of Immortality
- The Fabled Nizara
- The Fabled Nizara
- The Fabled Ruins of Varsoon
- The Fabled Sanctum of Fear
- The Fabled Temple of Cazic-Thule
- The Fabled Xux’laio’s Roost [Raid]
- Zek, the Scourge Wastes [Heroic]
- Zek, the Scourge Wastes [Solo]
- Zek, the Scourge Wastes: The Siege [Raid]
The Fabled Acadechism [Advanced Solo and Heroic]
- Emperor D’Vinn should no longer permanently hide from combat if he’s the recipient of too much damage too quickly.
- Master T’Lys should no longer drop through the dock in Everfrost.
- The location of the “Encyclopedia of Mutagenica Vol I” will no longer conflict with the location of the “first generation evidence” book.
- “Nektulos Forest Mercenary” achievement – the Valley of the Bears exploration region is easier to update now.
- Base population and encounter adds within Expert raids should now have the same or less resolve and combat mitigations as the bosses near them.
- Tier 4 encounters have had their combat mitigations rebalanced.
Arcanna’se Spire: Order and Chaos [Expert Raid]
- Corrected an issue that occasionally caused the Emerald Statue to not spawn in the Guardian of Arcanna’se encounter.
Arcanna’se Spire: Chaos and Order [Expert Raid]
- Corrected an issue that caused the Formed Emerald Statue to sometimes not spawn correctly.
Vaedenmoor: Realm of Despair [Raid]
- Corrected an issue with the bridge and lift within the zone. It should now only require 1 player in raid with access to allow passage
- Raenha, Sister of Remorse should now only require one hobgoblin be killed per phase of her script.
- Daydream, Hemorrhage, and Nightmarish Manifestations should now send a failure text message to others in the raid when the mechanic is failed by a member of the raid force.
- Most percentage based heals now scale with level, and in some cases have been reduced in overall healing amount.
- Combat mitigation debuffs have been lowered for spells under level 100.
- Divine Potency and Divine Crit Bonus now have a diminishing return curve once over 30 points. From level 31-40 it increases by 0.7 per level, 41-50 grants 0.6 per level, 51-60 grants 0.5 per level, etc.
- Ghostly Guard of Wrath may no longer be equipped by fighters.
- Hand of the Maestro’s block chance has been changed to mitigation bonus.
- Corrected an issue with Grasp of Nightmares and Mark of Terris which prevented them from stacking from multiple items.
- Corrected a bug with the 365 Loyalty Point Tokens veteran reward that prevented it from granting the tokens.
- Void Knuckles have been restored to their original appearance.
- Maldura crafting stations now play animations and particle effects when used.
- Chill Forged Ringmail Stompers – Are now equipped on the feet, as intended.
- Tome of the Ascended now grants some crit bonus.
Kunark Ascending Epilogue
- The story of Kunark Ascending is coming to a close, and adventurers can be a witness to its dramatic conclusion. Those heroes who have obtained their Fabled Epic 2.0 weapon should keep an eye out for a missive in their mailbox. The letter will provide details on where you must go to take part in the story’s epilogue. We will see you there, Norrathians!
ASCENSION SCROLL WEEKLY MISSION
- A new Kunark Ascending weekly mission is now available that rewards at least 5 Ascension Scrolls! Speak with Katorz in Obulus Frontier within Crusaders’ Cave and accept any of his available weekly missions and the Ascension weekly mission, “For More Than a Bit of Coin,” will be automatically added to your quest journal if your character has unlocked an Ascension level.
Guise of Pursuit
- If you have completed any Epic 2.0 Quest series you can now purchase the Guise of Pursuit for your alts. This bauble will give you a Cae’Dal illusion and maxes the following factions, as long as you are wearing the illusion.
- The Circle of the Unseen Hand
- The Order of Rime
- Othimir of Velious
- Disciples of Circling Destiny
- Bastion of the Tranquil
- Shields of Maldura
- Clan Skleross
- Legion of Danak
- The Sel’Nok Brigade
- Guktan Guard
- This illusion can be canceled, so that quest lines associated with these factions can still be done if desired. You may purchase the Guise of Pursuit from Sarya Val’Sara in Nye’Caelona.
- Mysterious Mark – Drarson McCale has moved a step closer to the player spawn point in the Halls of the Unseen.
- Shades of Drinal: The Shores of Everafter – Ravinus has been convinced to stay at the Ulteran Spire camp.
- Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces – Rikantus has been convinced to stay at the Ulteran Spire camp.
- Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces – Erus has been convinced to stay with the Deepwater researchers.
- Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces – The Duality can no longer be found in Feerrott at this point of the quest.
- A Taste of Past Glory – Iksar in Sebilis are now capable of updating this quest.
- The Ragebourne Network: Nobles District – Deletion of the quest now removes all Sentinel Crows from the player’s inventory.
- The Ragebourne Network: Nobles District – Gathering the sentinel crows will now place a “A Sentinel Crow” in your inventory overflow, if your inventory is full.
- Guardian of the Growth – Root tenders will now attempt to eat you, even if you are so powerful that you kill them in one hit.
- Casting a Long Shadow – When “Scroll of Potent Abolishments” is granted, an on-screen message is now triggered, stating the spell has been scribed in your spellbook.
- Audience with the Guardian – Sharti of the Flame’s corpse should now always be reachable.
- Promises Kept – Neeta Cabbageleaf is no longer confused. She will now offer this quest only after you have completed “The Proof of the Pudding”.
- Search of The Overthere – The intended targets for this quest have been made more evident.
- The Sentinel’s Fate expansion has been unlocked on Stormhold.
- Guildhalls have been unlocked on Stormhold.
- TLE NPC mitigation has been converted to utilize the combat mitigation system. All NPC’s have an inherent mitigation value that may be debuffed via any ability that decreases combat mitigation. By default this change should increase ability damage output while maintaining approximately the same autoattack damage.
LEVEL 100 BOOST PROMOTIONAL GRANT
- All accounts created before April 20th 2017 will be granted a level 100 boost item that will increase a single characters level to 100 and grant a set of equipment appropriate to playing within the Proving Grounds, or beginning their adventure in Kunark Ascending zones.
- Accounts created after April 20th may obtain the level 100 boost item by subscribing. Only a single boost will be granted per account.
Trackback from your site.