There was no downtime notice, but…
From the EQ2 Forums:
SUMMER ETHEREAL EVENT
- Summer Ethereal Items are here! Characters may pick up a new mission that will grant an Ethereal Coin with a chance at an Ethereal item. Ethereal coins may be used to purchase Ethereal rewards at a new merchant in Thalumbra: the Ever Deep.
- Ethereal daily and weekly heroic missions are now available in Thalumbra! Speak to Holstin Coresprock for the daily mission and VV.E.E.K.I_.Y IIIissi0N5 for the weekly mission.
ZONES / POPULATION
- Collectibles near Monolith of Woe and Ember Hive in Kylong Plains are no longer buried by snow or rock.
- Harvestables and shinies will now despawn 5 minutes after opened instead of 2 minutes.
- Tier 2 raid armor from the Scourge Wastes now grant the correct 6 resolve.
- Paying Homage to the Past – Is now available from Navarius Orvalis <Sage> in Freeport.
- The city Sages have received a huge shipment of Lore & Legend books, available for those who have completed the corresponding Mastery.
- Fearknight is now available to purchase from Noble Tark Validus <Loyalty Merchant>.
- Staff, Sai, Katana, and Mace of the Hua Mein are now heirloom
- Corrected an issue that caused the Shrink Mercenary spell to spam free players.
- Pets on Timelocked servers have had their health reduced.
- Pets on Timelocked servers will recieve less from heals cast on them.
- Lowered the number of updates and/or increased the amount of time to complete the following Scourge Wastes [Heroic] timed quests: Stump Buster, Anatomy of a Lion, Clear Cut, and Bloodtusks For Bol.
- Monster Creation Made Easy – There is now an onscreen message when Durrysn B’Kiltar spawns his writhing sinew beast.
- Sabotage: The Stolen Payroll – Added a bit more direction for the location of the payroll shipments.
- In Honor and Service – The orc spies are now view predicated, and respawn immediately.
- Chipping and Shrumbling – Captain Steelforge will now update this quest, even if the player has already been offered “To Echo Echo.”
- To Echo Echo – Captain Steelforge will no longer offer this quest, until the player has completed “Chipping and Shrumbling.”
- An Introduction to the Fae – The Shadow Attacker is now easier to spawn, even if the player is on a mount.
- The Wondrous Inventions of a Crazed Gnome – Spawning the young dragon is easier now for those on flying mounts.
- Serving the Land – The Shimmer Infused Dryland Scavenger Carcass is now usable as an icon from your quest helper.
- Serving the Land – The Shimmer Infused Dryland Scavenger Carcass is now deleted from your inventory when the quest is deleted.
- Pilfered from Pilgrims – All of the stolen Research Tomes are now reachable. (Some were spawning under the rock in the area.
- Special Ingredients – You can now pick up the shells from a little further away.
- Snowfang Starvation – Quest journal now accurately reflects the number of frostbitten parsnip you have harvested.
- Echoes of Faydwer Fighter Raid Armor Set Bonuses have been improved.
and a late addition:
- Encounter Auto Attack damage has been decreased.
Trackback from your site.