Looks like Press gets a healthy headstart on posting expansion news for EverQuest and EverQuest II this year. After their private meetings with Dave “SmokeJumper” Georgeson and EQ2 Producer Holly “Windstalker” Longdale on Tuesday, they’ve had time to draft their articles and now, they’re available for all to read. My issue is, people at home have more information than those at SOE Live who may not yet have read these articles. Some Press sites (notably excluding Massively and ZAM) get a full boat ride from SOE, paying for hotel and sometimes even airfare, dinners, etc.). EQ2Wire covers EverQuest II all 365 days a year, and we do it without VIP treatment.
Anyway, enough politics. On to the news! These are the sites we’ve found so far:
The totally kickass key art is at the top of the article. And now the bullet points:
- Level 100 increase for Adventure, Tradeskill, and Guild levels.
- 14 Dungeons
- 6 Raids
- 6 Advanced Solo Zones
- 2 Contested Dungeons
- 2 Massive Overland zones created with the new unbelievable Layout Editor. I’ve heard that the new zones are so stunning that players will hardly believe they are running in the EQ2 engine.
- Tranquil Sea: composed of the devastated Isle of Refuge, Deathweave Isle, and the Pygmie-and-dinosaur-inhabited Island of Dichen
- Phantom Sea: composed of the haunted forest of Kithicor, the trading company’s home base Highhold, and Grimshales, an island made from a shard of Luclin
- 4 new Avatars
More after the jump…
- Level-agnostic Dungeons for level 20-89 coming this fall (before the expac) with proprotional loot available for all participants. Now, time spent leveling up or grouping up with lower level characters won’t be perceived as “wasted” as you’ll be a better character at 95-100 for having played these lower level zones.
- Also in an update this fall, a Rare Heroic Loot merchant like we’ve seen in previous years. This allows those who have been incredibly unlucky on the RNG to buy desired rare heroic drops.
- Altar of Malice will take place in the Shabby Sea, a small body of water between Antonica and Faydwer.
Altar of Malice brings with itA new playable race, the Aerakyn, may be purchased for StationCash. They offer some extra aesthetic customization (custom horns, wings, scale pattern color) and their wings actually develop over time so when you hit level 85 and achieve flight, its on your own homegrown wings.
- Guild level goes to 100, with more amenities and upgraded “elite” guild halls.
- New Rabbit leaper mount with good and evil versions.
- Collection items (shinies) will now be sellable for Status. It sounds like the Status merchant is going to get loaded up with stuff as a way for players to spend status.
- All character spells and combat arts can be upgraded to Grandmaster. Some will upgrade to Ancient quality.
- We’re going to the home of the Far Seas Trading Company — Castle Highhold — and will find out why we’ve been blocked from going there for so long.
- This Fall, All Access members will get the ability to retrieve mail attachments and access the broker from anywhere in the world.
- EQ2 will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a special heroes festival set to begin in November, with 11-year veterans getting a special Isle of Refuge prestige home, complete with a starter population pack.
- Hory Shet! NEW PUBLIC QUESTS coming early 2015. I am totally pumped about this one!
- Fabled level 100 versions of Echoes of Faydwer dungeons will be released throughout 2015.
- Cross-server Dungeon Finder.
- Deity System revamp. Will include new level appropriate blessings and miracles. Also the ability to worship more than 1 diety.
These screenshots really do not do justice to the few sneak peaks I saw on Monday when I visited SOE!
Trackback from your site.