On Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 at 2:00 PM PDT, EQ2′s new community manager Margaret “Luperza” Krohn (aka PurrfectStorm), hosted the first EverQuest II Insider livecast on Twitch. This 1 hour broadcast included EQ brand manager Adam Key, Holly “Windstalker” Longdale, Akil “Lyndro” Hooper, Chris Garlick, Gary Daugherty, and Nathan “Kaitheel” McCall.
Alas, a recording of the livecast was not preserved either by SOE or Twitch (due to a settings glitch), so this episode joins Doctor Who and other vital shows as missing presumed wiped.
That said, a few resourceful players who watched the Livecast were good enough to take notes and so we can paraphrase them below:
- Holly and Akil talked about current topics including Bristlebane Day, as well as previewing some Player Studio items that will be coming soon, including a very nice looking yacht or fishing boat with oars and other gear. Luperza mentioned that Player Studio topics will be covered in their own livesteam.
- We got to hear the ‘April Fool’s intro music’ (archived for posterity on Zam) and the new meatbeast vid was also shown (if you haven’t seen it then look here).
- Holly talked a little about All-Access (subscription, Krono, or Prepaid cards)
- All Access players will get access to new zones / heritage quests 1-2 weeks earlier than other players.
- Those with new All Access account will have double xp weekends.
- More All-Access exclusive items on the loyalty merchants.
- The schedule for updates will be more public so that we can see how Smokejumper’s weekly/monthly update idea is working.
- EverQuest II Roadmap/Blueprint — Upcoming plans for EQ2 with feedback from players.
- Contested HighKeep Previewed
- new skeleton models like crawling, one legged and some even use their head as weapon [IMG]
- quests: drop quests, quests from items, daily missions for etyma (2 mission givers: 1 at entrance, 2nd at the entrance to picklaw part)
- plunderable loot which you can place in your house
- some items might be marked with our name (there is special achievement for marking all of them: Vandal title)
- achievement for killing all nameds in the zone
- hidden rare trophies in the trash – if you gather all you get Body Snatcher (?) title
- new armor appearances
- New High Keep Guild Hall
- Player Studio will open up (later this year) to submissions from Germany, UK, France for players with an SOE Station account.
- Developer picks for Housing Leaderboards – returning soon.
- New Raid zone (ToV Wing 3) — Next Month
- 10 More AA points (requires level 95)– next week.
Thanks to Sambril, Kinya of Babagra Polish EQ2 fansite, and Errrorr for their note-taking!
Trackback from your site.