The EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, October 1st at 7:00AM Pacific Time* for an update. The expected downtime is approximately 5 hours.
From the EQ2 Forums:
Memberships have changed!
- We’ve removed Item restrictions from Free and Silver accounts.
- Permanent 10% Mount speed and 15% Coin Loot Bonus to Gold membership!
- Destiny of Velious expansion content is now free for everyone too!
HEROIC CHARACTERS & 1 FREE HERO’S CALL OFFER
Heroic characters can now be created! Answer the Hero’s Call!
From now until Oct. 15, you can take part in our 1 FREE HEROIC CHARACTER ‘Hero’s Call’ Offer. All existing accounts created prior to Sept. 22, 2013 will have access to 1 free Level 85 Heroic Character! All accounts created after Sept. 22, 2013 will get access to 1 free account per household. These free Heroic Characters will be unlocked permanently!
Beyond the Hero’s Call free offer, we have several options available for Heroic Characters:
1) Try Before You Buy: This option offers one full level of play from Level 85 to 86 – which takes a typical player several hours – with 100 Alternate Advancement (AA) points to test out a class of your choice at a high level. The Free Trial includes a flying mount, armor, consumables, and a few restrictions.
2) New Heroic Character: A full Heroic Character can be purchased at Character Select or while playing as a Free Trial character. It includes level 85, 280 AAs, all items included in the Free Trial, and is unrestricted.
3) Upgrade Existing Character: The Upgrade option allows you to select any existing character at any level and upgrade it to a Heroic Character. All upgraded characters receive level 85 and are increased to 280 AAs, but not beyond. If you are above level 85 and have more than 280 AAs, you won’t receive additional levels or points, but will get a bundle of items that includes the flying mount, armor, and consumables.
For more information, please check the ‘Heroic Character FAQ’ (located under ‘Tutorial’ in the in-game Help menu) and the Producer letter located here:
AGE OF DISCOVERY FEATURES & 280AA ITEM
Our “Age of Discovery” feature expansion may now be purchased as a bundle or a la carte in the ‘Features’ section of the Marketplace and include:
- Beastlord Class
- Tradeskill Apprentices
- Dungeon Maker
Also, an item called ‘Untapped Achievements (280 AA)’ that sets your character to 280 AAs will be available in our Services category and can be used as early as Level 10!
TEARS OF VEESHAN EXPANSION PRELUDE QUEST
- New Channeler Class Prelude: Shadowy creatures have shown up around Norrath. Investigate their incursion, and discover the dark origins of the Channeler.
TEARS OF VEESHAN EXPANSION PRE-ORDERS GO LIVE
- If you pre-order the Tears of Veeshan expansion, it will include immediate access to all the Chains of Eternity expansion content!
- We have a Tears of Veeshan itemization preview live today!
- Upgraded the Djinn Master’s loot to the new system coming in Tears of Veeshan.
- Players can convert their existing pieces to new ones from a vender within the zone.
- Added 2 Ethereal jewelry items to the heroic versions of Wurmbone’s Crag, Wurmbone’s End and Chelsith: The Ancient Vault.
- Added 2 Ethereal jewelry items to the solo versions of Wurmbone’s Crag, Wurmbone’s End and Chelsith: The Ancient Vault.
- The D’Morte insignia band and darkened azure shard are now delivered by in game mail instead of through the claim window.
Trackback from your site.