I’ve done some quick research reading reviews of Planet Hollywood online and while reviews typically trend towards the negative (most people who have a great experience don’t post about it), I saw the same type of comments enough times to warrant mentioning them.
- Pro: Centrally located
- Pro: Has a great view of the Strip
- Pro: Easily accessible to Paris and Bellagio. Has decent restaurants inside.
- Con: Rooms have not all been well maintained, specifically the linens.
- Con: Rooms are substantially smaller than the cavernous Bally’s rooms.
- Con: Casino is just average, and scantily-clad table dancers on the casino floor may be off-putting.
- Con: At normal rates, WiFi is a heart-stopping $13.99 PER DAY PER DEVICE. For a laptop and phone that’s $160 $112 for 4 days.
Of course Bally’s had its problems too which led to SOE seeking greener pastures. The choice of convention dates were very limited, and it was rather uncool for some of the conference rooms to be bumped due to another event. The food at the Banquet was atrocious (ice cold hot dogs, burgers, and fried chicken). The sound quality at the venues was so bad that it led John Smedley to curse them out while on stage. The WiFi was only slightly less expensive — $11.99 per device per day. Thank Bristlebane for LTE.
We’ll have to see what the negotiated pricing is. The full price is $169 for Fri and Saturday nights.
Trackback from your site.