If you’ve been flopping, leashing, or feign deathing past the second and third-from-last named encounters in Wurmbone’s End [Advanced Solo] to save time on your way to the boss of the zone, you’ll be seeing a change today. Now, you must kill at least 2 names before the final named will spawn. The popularity of this zone, specifically the last named (Prime Magnate Mrelg), derived from the fact that, when allowed to go into Challenge mode (by not clicking on his smoky “breath”), he drops three loot chests when killed. This was not an unexpected change.
The bigger inconvenience/bummer for me is, you will no longer be able to use the red clicky [eq2u]Celestial Fragment of Subversion[/eq2u] item on him to take off his last 30% of health. I used this item regularly, and only on some occasions was I able to kill him without it. The only “loot” that I cared about from any of the lesser names in any of the Chains of Eternity zones was the red 30% damage clicky. All the other items were pretty much fluff. So with this change, I am even less enthused about the time spent killing the subbosses of each zone.
From the EQ2 Forums:
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
- Scout shields should now drop much less often from Avatars.
Chelsith: The Ancient Vault
- Corrected a bug that was causing items and obols to not drop off trash encounters.
- You should now be less likely to fall through the world when zoning into any of the Wurmbone’s End zones.
Wurmbone’s End [Advanced Solo]
- [eq2u]Celestial Fragment of Subversion[/eq2u] can no longer be used on Prime Magnate Mrelg once he has become the challenge version.
- All-Blocker Mohngu must now be defeated in order to spawn Necromunger Garrkk.
- Necromunger Garrkk must now be defeated in order to spawn Prime Magnate Mrelg.
- Drinal should no longer drop an empty chest if raid members relog or go linkdead after killing Fitzpitzle.
Sleeper’s Tomb: The Forgotten Catacombs [Solo]
- The Eternal Sentinel should now be easier to deal with when fought with a merc. He will now reliably charge even if focusing on the mercenary.
Sleeper’s Tomb: The Forgotten Catacombs [Heroic]
- Frost should lose its buffs, where appropriate, much more reliably.
- Level 90+ provisioner writs have been updated.
- Alchemist level 93 rush order Warrior Essentials will now correctly ask for Forward Charge VIII.
- Items in a merchant list will no longer show old tooltips from previously examined instances of the same item if it had any adornments or experimentations.
Trackback from your site.