Episode #44 – Wind Powerrecorded on Apr 14
EQ2 Talk is excited to bring you Holly “Windstalker” Longdale, EverQuest 2 Producer. We asked her some of the burning questions about mechanics, dungeon finder, the in-game polls, and EQ2 Players. She also gives us a closer look at what the team has in store for players in GU63, offers some insight into the 2-level increase, explains a bit about prestige abilities, and talks about the team’s goals looking ahead.
We’ve listened to Episode #44 and here are a few gems:
- We may get some more detailed information on the breakouts for certain In-Game Poll questions, but providing detailed numbers on some of the questions would possibly provide information to competitors. We may see a future poll with more detailed questions about StationCash “power” items breaking out the use of power items in groups vs. raids.
- Only your FIRST poll entry on your account “counts”. The number of character alts you have does not determine how many “votes” you get.
- More Public Quests are coming.
- “Providing a Tradeskill experience that is end-to-end in any content that we release that could be done by a low level is not realistic for this release. But we’re certainly not going to ignore that in the future.“
Editor’s Note: This is something we would have never heard during Domino’s tenure as EQ2 Tradeskill dev, especially considering the Fortress of Drunder tradeskill quest line.
- “I think there may have been an impression or sentiment that the EQ2 development team had gone away from paying any real attention to tradeskillers. We just want to say that at this time, with GU63 and moving forward, that is emphatically not the case.“
Editor’s Note: 6 quests and 2 non-coachable TS Apprentices does not make a “Tradeskill Timeline”.
- Prestige Classes were a misnomer, a slip-up during the webcast. “We don’t want to give the impression that we’re creating another class, subclasses, or anything of that nature. At least not in the immediate future. Our future is based on Prestige Points and Abilities.”
- There will be an expansion later this year, although there’s still a lot of discussion about what form it will take.
There is plenty more to be heard especially in the second half of the program.
Download EQ2Talk Episode #44
EQ2Talk Episode #43
Also in case you missed it, I highly recommend listening to EQ2Talk Episode #43. Dellmon and Aliscious switch places and we get a fantastic “Dellmon Angle” which delves into some of the more controversial issues of “Selling Loot Rights“, “Instant 90“, putting Dungeon Finder to bed, and whether SOE is really living up to its proclaimed philosophy of “We’re gamers too.” If you appreciate constructive criticism, this is a great episode to download.
Trackback from your site.