Tomorrow’s Update brings us a positively reviewed revamp to the Troubador class, as well as a nerf rebalancing of the Dirge mythical effect. However the biggest feature in Thursday’s patch is the widely anticipated Dungeon Finder group-forming tool. Dungeon Finder will be isolated to each server at first, becoming cross-server at some point in the future.
This update does not include the controversial removal of Primal Velium Shards from heroic armor. That change will likely go in next week.
From the EQ2 Forums:
Dungeon Finder is a matchmaking system designed to make it easier for groups to get together for dungeons. The system requires a minimum of six people to be using the system to create groups.
To use the Dungeon Finder, click the “Dungeon Finder” button form the EQII menu your XP bar. (Or open the “Zones” menu by using ALT+Z.)
- You can queue solo or as a group (only group leaders can queue a group) for any dungeons you qualify for (based on level, critical mitigation requirements and if you have the required expansion on your account)
- You can either queue for a Random Dungeon (and get a +25% XP bonus while playing that dungeon) or you can queue for specific dungeons by only clicking the checkboxes next to their names. (NOTE: You don’t get the +25% XP bonus if you queue for specific dungeons.)
- If you leave the dungeon, and your group stays within it, you can use the “Return” button to zone back to your group without travel time.
- If your group isn’t full, the group leader can use the ‘Reinforce’ button to allow more players, currently queued in the Dungeon Finder (and who qualify), to join the group.
- If your group finishes a Dungeon Finder dungeon, the group leader can queue for another dungeon immediately (without needing to leave the dungeon the group is currently in). This should result in almost no wait time for the next dungeon as long as you still have a full group.
Note: The zones offered in the Dungeon Finder are based off your character’s actual level (not your mentored level). Mentored level has no effect on Dungeon Finder matchmaking.
POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
Tower of Frozen Shadow: Haunt of Syl’tor
- It should no longer be possible to get into a death loop at the entrance of Haunt of Syl’tor.
The Hole: Spirit’s Resonance
- Nortlav the Scalekeeper should no longer get stuck after returning from possession.
- Gruplinort in Sebilis should more reliably drop loot.
ABILITIES / ALTERNATE ADVANCEMENT
- Shatter Infections now triggers on any damage.
- Smoke Bomb should get resisted less often.
- All forms of Intrepid Strike have been changed. The FABLED Intrepid Strike now grants 15% Flurry, Potency and PvP Potency. The MYTHICAL and Spell versions grant 25% Flurry, Potency and PvP Potency. The ability has been changed to stack additively instead of multiplicatively with Potency, Flurry and Multi-Attack. Had this not been addressed, the advantage from Intrepid Strike would have grown indefinitely with those stats.
- Countersong has had its immunity removed. It now lasts for 12 seconds, does not dispel when an ability is used and reduces the targets AE Auto Attack Chance as well as ability damage.
- Vexing Verses now also deals minor damage and reduces the target’s casting speed.
- Breathtaking Bellow can no longer be resisted. Its radius has been increased to 15 meters.
- Demoralizing Processional now also reduces the target encounter’s primary attributes.
- Enhance: Demoralizing Processional now also improves the attribute reduction.
- Jester’s Cap no longer has an immunity timer.
- Tap Essence now affects the encounter and the group. The damage has been reduced.
- Painful Lamentations has had its damage increased.
- Thunderous Overture now has a 10 second reuse but is a point blank area effect ability that affects up to 8 targets.
- Perfect Shrill has had its damage increased.
- Enhance: Rejuvenating Celebration now also improves the maximum health granted by Rejuvenating Celebration.
- Raxxyl’s Rousing Tune now also improves agility.
- Sandra’s Deafening Strike now restores some of the power it stole to the troubador.
- Demoralization is now “Abhorrent Verse.” Abhorrent Verse transfers 50% of the threat from the Troubador’s group to the target for a short time. This does not transfer threat from fighters.
- All instances of Bregador Bitelimb have been corrected to Bendegor Bitelimb.
- Jindrack’s Lucan D’Lere Action Figure should be convertible into a house item once again.
- The wand dropped in Tower of Vuul should now be properly named.
- Northman’s Broadaxe should once again have a valid two handed appearance.
- The Sublime Staff of Deathdealing is once again a crushing weapon.
- Tower of Frozen Shadow: Shadowed Corridors
- The quest “Tserrina’s Strife” should now update for the group when one of the lost pages are found.
Tags: dungeon finder
Trackback from your site.